Christmas Nearly Upon Us??? (Saving September)

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Christmas Nearly Upon Us??? (Saving September)

Post by KathJ »

I called into a well know discount store on Friday (commonly know in our family as M&B!!) and next to the Halloween junk they were starting to put out the Christmas junk yike* I don't have a lot to buy at Christmas as we've cut it down considerably over the years so now just buy for the niece's and newphew's and great nephew's. I usually pick up an aray of half price bargains in January which I put safely in the loft. I thought I'd go up and have a look what I'd got and happily I only have one thing that I still need to buy. Win win all round as I hate shopping at the best of times and especially coming up to Christmas and getting things at half price is even better )x(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Christmas Nearly Upon Us???

Post by Richard »

hehe, I avoid the word as much as possible, but good thinking on the savings.

Have to say I give my family (son, daughter and two Grandkids) money.
I never know what to buy and if they tell me what to buy, they know what they're getting anyway!
Plus I used to give Grandkids presents and they'd still be not played with two weeks later!!

This year I'm suggesting we all have a maximum.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I give the the older one's money as well as 'a little something to open'. Unfortunately you can't get the money in the January sales >dum<
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

True.
But they can spend it in the Jan Sales (so you only need to give 1/2 what the full price present would have cost???????......No perhaps not)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I like that Mo )t' )t'

I do the odd Voucher; Amazon or for my daughter Debenhams.

I think we all like shopping with money in our pockets, especially when it's someone elses.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome