............ October!

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Barkingharper
Lively Laner

............ October!

Post by Barkingharper »

For those of us continuing to be 'careful/mean/tight/worried, what can we call this month!
Optimal October? Any ideas??
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: ............ October!

Post by Freeranger »

Looking at my bank statements....OMG October???

Or Overspent October???

I've made a good start by being on a serious diet (again), saving pounds of both kinds!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi

Glad this has caught on well. You're right, every month has a need for saving!

I remember when we had Frugal February (which will return), the Mods and myself were discussing other month's and found it difficult to get adjectives for other month's !!

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Barkingharper
Lively Laner

Post by Barkingharper »

My October is starting well. Brand new coat, two shirts, a jumper and a tie for my son and two skirts for me.... 30 euros at Emmaus. Brilliant.

Chrissie.
Barkingharper
Lively Laner

Post by Barkingharper »

So far, so good this week. Food shop for me and my son under 30 euros. Library subscription needs renewing though and that's gone up by ten bloomin euros this year!!!
Still worth it because I'm there every week and I get all my music from there.
Swimming in eggs though! Only so many omlettes and pancakes we can eat!! But it's free-ish food :) .
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

You can freeze eggs. Whisk them to mix, then freeze in batches (yoghurt pot for a 2 egg omelette, marg tub for bulk-bake). They defrost slightly gloopy but omelettes & cakes are fine. My freeze leaflet suggested whisking yolks & whites separately but I don't make meringues.
Very nice to have them when hens slow down with short winter days just when you need more for Christmas cakes.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Barkingharper
Lively Laner

Post by Barkingharper »

Thanks Mo!
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Baked eggs are nice and a bit less samey - bake or saute veg, put in a dish, make wells in the mix, break eggs to fill, then bake until poached egg-y. It works nicely with spinach or kale. If you make the veg thing like peppers and tomatoes with garlic and either chilli or chorizo, then that is spanish eggs.

ages ago, I started a thread asking folk for cheap eggy recipes for the variety - quite an incredible range if you want to look back.
Barkingharper
Lively Laner

Post by Barkingharper »

I do the veggie/egg thing and it's really tasty, especially with some spices.
I'll have a look at the egg receipes. I hadn't thought of that. There must be loads here somewhere. In the meantime, I've taken some into work for my colleagues.
Chrissie xx