Campsite cookery?

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
saint-spoon

Campsite cookery?

Post by saint-spoon »

We, Mrs Spoon and I, have recently acquired a caravan having realised that, after many years of camping under canvass, our (my) bones are too old for air beds. Plus we saw that the Lord of the lane has his posh new luxury mobile home so we weren’t to be outdone. As tentists we pretty much relied on the barbecue for our evening meals, especially if we were with chums or family. I have done curries and all sorts on the barby before but I am looking for new ideas and was wondering if anyone has any ideas for or favourites that they cook when they go camping/caravanning/ posh mobile homing like the lord of the lane?
Bah Humbug
p.penn

Re: Campsite cookery?

Post by p.penn »

My daughter is the one to answer this! She has a camp fire to cook on where she goes, and does roasted spaghetti squashes and all sorts of things. The also go foraging beforehand to see what they can find. Lots of wild garlic I know :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

PS My camping cuisine was normal stuff like spag bog on the little cooker or burgers and sausages on the Barbie. Very haute cuisine :oops:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Lasagne was one of our favourites in the van, getting too lazy to make it nowadays! Masses of washing up.

Enjoy your caravan.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I guess that you now have a small oven in your new caravan so have much more scope for cooking different meals.
When we had a trailer tent the oven was a godsend. Lovely for cooking things like baked fish, spicy belly of pork strips, which can have root veg roasted with them and of course all the different Italian pasta type dishes that can be cooked in the oven as well as jacket spuds with their various fillings. Even chips can be par boiled, spayed with oil and finished in the camping oven.

I'm sure you will love the comfort of your caravan bed and will never look back. Happy times )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

We love it and importantly the kids love it which is one of the reasons why we got the caravan. We intend to use it as much as possible over the winter months as well as the rest of the year.
Bah Humbug