Black Friday - Friday 27th. November 2015

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Black Friday - Friday 27th. November 2015

Post by Richard »

Hi

Anyone waiting for any offers?

Anyone just think it's another Retail money grab?

Anyone had good experiences with it before?

Seems to me it's another bit of 'over the pond' spreading it's way here.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Black Friday - Friday 27th. November 2015

Post by jemberelli »

I agree, just another 'import' from the States. I'm not a fan and I think that people completely lose their minds and self-control when it comes to the bargains. Even Asssddaa have decided not to go for it this year and aren't they owned by Walmarttt who started the whole thing in the first place?!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I reckon its just a good way of clearing all the old stock they cant shift!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

When retailers introduce something from the states I groan. The other one that really annoys me is the media hype about the Christmas MUST HAVE list of toys, Personally, my children are too young to pay much attention to the news but having a whole news item about what the retailers have decided is on the must have list grinds my gears. If they are not insinuating that you are dipping out on something good they are laying a guilt trip on parents. With the amount of debt folk carry these days (not me hasten to add) this sort of generalised hard sell should be banned for the wellbeing of society.
Bah Humbug
Richard

Post by Richard »

Halloween's another.

All retail orientated. Father's Day, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day - no true meaning outside the home. The best gift is love.

They'd have a 'Second Cousin's best friends dog Day' if it gave them a few extra coins !

May be a bargain or two I guess, but I won't be looking for anything.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

interesting that "Black Friday" is the day after their Thanksgiving which seems odd to be exporting that festivity LOL

I've never bothered with these one day sales but I'll be keeping my eye out for a new fridge freezer when the (proper) sales are on as I think my old one is finally giving up - the fridge part isn't as cold as it should be despite playing around with the dial, and the stupid freezer needs defrosting again
Richard

Post by Richard »

I mentioned in Members Chat that I purchased a new Laptop at the weekend.

My old one's been on the blink so have kept my eye's peeled for another Offers.

On Friday I saw that a well known Tech Superstore had a super weekend, offers on things with the clear statement 'must end Monday'.

I looked this morning expecting to see the normal 'extended' pitch, but there wasn't, just another 'Christmas Super Deals' or something.

However, the Laptop is the same price I paid on Saturday !!!!

Good specs etc. but the whole push for "must buy now, sale ends Monday" is below the belt!

Lassie, I have no doubt the January Sales will start about 4th. December !!

Richard
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

We have put off buying some things we "need" (want), new towels, graphics card, other bits and bobs. Will check the deals and buy if it's cheaper. No need for present buying, not desperate for a bargain. Bought new mice last year. Ended up with 2 for about the usual price of one. We do buy expensive (by most standards) mice for computer gaming.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I think there's so many people these days with no self control over what they buy. They just think they're getting a bargin whether it's something they need or not and it's become a leisure activity (Bah Humbug yike* !!)
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

A lot of people are in debt up to their eyeballs but will still go and buy more stuff with their credit cards. It must be some kind of addiction. Me? I'm the opposite, addicted to not spending money on things I don't need :-D
Ilona