Keeping out the Cold Meals

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Keeping out the Cold Meals

Post by Richard »

I write this just after having some Home Grown Squash Soup - just Squash with a hint of Pepper.

Warmed me up nicely.

What's your favourite cold weather meal or drink?

Mine's probably Lancashire Hot Pot.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Keeping out the Cold Meals

Post by jemberelli »

A nice, big Cottage or Shepherds Pie with a bit of cheese melted on top - yum yum! Hubby is on one those awkward soandsos who won't eat food that is touching so I rarely get to have it. I must make some individual ones for when he is away!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Sausage casserole or stew & dumplings )eat(
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

Basic, but porridge is a great start to the day. Filling, cheap and you can have it as plain or fruity, creamy or salty as you like. Plus it's super cheap too, unless you buy the 'instant' sachets.

Stew is also a great favourite for winter, and homemade soups. Not sure if I have a favourite, I just like food :)
manda

Post by manda »

Casserole and Dumplings or something like Beef and Pumpkin Tagine...all warm and spicey.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny