Another scam?

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Another scam?

Post by Mo »

And it nearly got me this time. (thinking about it, I should have known)

Email from 'UKmail' saying a parcel couldn't be delivered as there was no-one at home.

Well I knew there was someone at home, I hadn't seen a van, and I hadn't ordered anything. BUT my daughter sometimes has things sent here, and I wondered which poor soul was waiting for a parcel that hadn't arrived (but they had MY email, so....). So I clicked the link to a Word document. But Word asked me if I trusted this Macro so I decided I didn't.

They try all ways.

If this isn't the right place for this topic, please move it
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Another scam?

Post by Richard »

Better safe than sorry.

My most received one at present is about the money the web site has made because it's listed on some web site somewhere.

This morning's said I had £5,375.64 in earnings and to logon for further information as to how I can get it.

Lowlifes all of them!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Another scam?

Post by albertajune »

I was reading of a similar scan the other day, or may be the same one.
Someone knocks on your door with a package which contains a bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine. There is no card as to who it is from as this will apparently follow and of course you think that someone close is sending an unexpected gift. As alcohol is there, the guy who is delivering it needs a signature and a payment for accepting it, which is I think £3 something. Of course he can't take cash but does carry the thingy that takes a card which of course needs a pin number. You can guess the rest. Your bank account is cleaned out. {mr.angry}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.