What to do to get fit again in January?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
fabindia
Legendary Laner

What to do to get fit again in January?

Post by fabindia »

Mrs Fab and I aren't mad Christmas party animals but nevertheless the festive season is a time for over indulging in food and drinking a bit more than the recommended daily amount.

I always find it hard to get disciplined again in January - running, swimming, etc. but it has to be done. I am thinking of going dry in January though.

In the meantime, seasons greetings to you all and pass the mince pies again, we'll worry about getting fit again on the 2nd January :-D
Michael
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: What to do to get fit again in January?

Post by kitla »

Still have New year's eve to go Fab!
I must say I feel a bit rough, like I have a hangover even though I've consumed
hardly any alchohol over xmas - must be what all the naughty food does to you.
As you say, by 2nd of Jan the hangover from the NY party should be fading &
time to detox. I cant run due to dicky knees but will be restarting pilates & maybe
a bit of swimming.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I am also thinking of a dry January +f+ I think I could manage a month, but to attempt to stop drinking forever is too big an ask for me. :oops:

I have put on half a stone since I last weighed myself on Xmas eve, (my own fault {rofwl} ) so am also thinking I will only buy/eat real food. No crisps, cake, rubbish of any kind. That will be hard, but if I say just for January too, that should br manageable.

I should have a halo by Feb 1st {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I had a cancerous lump removed from my jaw two days before Christmas with 4 stitches. It's amazing what that can do for your food intake over the festive period, it was difficult trying to eat anything that wasn't in little pieces for fear of popping the stitches {rofwl} It was also difficult talking so OH had a very peaceful Christmas. Making up for it now though >dum<
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Oh no, hope everything is ok now Kath {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Sorry, Kath - that's a bit too drastic for me! I hope you're feeling better now.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Glad to read you're on the mend Kath - take care {hug}

As for keeping yourself in reasonable shape, walking is about the best thing whether it be hilly or flat - do it at your own pace, no need for sudden exertion, that can backfire on you!

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome