Getting rid of dog hairs!!!!!

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Getting rid of dog hairs!!!!!

Post by Spreckly »

I have one pair of black trousers, which I wear for "best". They are polyester, I think, and pick up dog hair every time I wear them. I have a normal old fashioned clothes brush, which does get rid of most of the hair, but it is very hard work, and after half an hour of brushing, followed by a pile of ironing, my back is needing a rest!

Dog lovers - have you any remedies? I know that sellotape can do the job, and I do have a very ancient lint pet hair remover, but neither are 100% satisfactory.

Help, please.
Kazgaz
Learner Laner

Re: Getting rid of dog hairs!!!!!

Post by Kazgaz »

Rubber gloves - the ones your use for washing up. I have Bengal cats with very fine fur and I just put my gloves on and brush in one direction - you end up with a clump and a hair free duvet cover or clothing.
Kaz
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

I always keep a couple if these sticky rollers handy.
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/ ... lsrc=aw.ds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm sure you can get them from £ shops or B&M cheaper. They're the same
principal as sellotape but much easier to use. My teenage son always wears black
so he has his own roller!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Sorry, I can't answer your question. You had half an hour of brushing with a clothes brush ! yike* I have 3 cats and a dog, the dog isn't the problem but an old cat is shedding that many hairs I could stuff a cushion with them. {rofwl}

The way I deal with it is to suck up the worst with the dieson, not directly off the cat's back, ha ha, off the floor. Any I miss, and it is a lot, I just live with it. Any that get on my clothes I shake them outdoors. If I don't get rid of them all I don't stress. I have a few cat hairs on my clothing, so what?

It's hopeless trying to keep a spotlessly clean and hair free home if you have animals, unless you want to be a slave to housework. I can think of better things to do. I have selective vision, I don't see what I don't want to see.

Ilona
wendy

Post by wendy »

My only advice is, and I always do it...............................................

Never, ever, ever, ever wear BLACK !!!!!
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Wendy & Ilona )like(

I'm not so bothered about cat hairs (though I do keep the spare bedroom door shut); for 2 reasons.

1) Cat muddy footprints drive me mad - why does he walk over any sheet of paper, form etc that I leave out.

2) Long grey Mo-hairs, seem to get everywhere and clog up the roller of the vac. Leading to much swearing as I struggle to remove it, clear it, and struggle even more to put it back together.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Just to clarify - I spent half an hour brushing my best and only pair of black trousers, and ironing, not half an hour brushing my trousers!!

Thank you all for your advice. I had forgotten about the rubber glove remedy, I think trainers were another! The cheapie shop was selling the roller pet hair removers. I have got three in a packet for a pound. Will try one of them out, or a rubber glove when I next wear the trousers.
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Post by HedgeHugger »

Shoes with rubber bottoms are great for giving the carpet a bit of a scrape. It was scary how much fur a 2 minute shuffle and scrape could release from the rugs. At least half a ferret full :)

Rubber gloves are great for giving sofas and chairs a quick rub down too. A bit of dampness can also help.