Can openers

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
saint-spoon

Can openers

Post by saint-spoon »

My best can opener died a little while back and I have been struggling to find a worthy replacement. it was a good opener, free with some fray bentos pies years and years ago (i don't tend to eat them anymore) and it would open with ease pretty much any tin or can that I needed opening. alas I have tried but failed to find a can opener that actually opens cans, especially the tins of salmon that have a slightly conical form. Any Ideas as to a really decent opener that will do the job as it took me twenty minutes to open a tin of salmon last night and I had to use a combination of two different replacement can openers and a knife to prize the lid off.
Bah Humbug
wendy

Re: Can openers

Post by wendy »

I have an electric Kenwood.
Had it for years even opens sardine , square, cans.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I know exactly how you feel. We've bought several can openers over the last couple of years and they've just been rubbish - start off OK but within a couple of months are really struggling. The latest one we bought was a sabatier one (got it from eboy for about £15) and so far so good - still going smoothly nearly a year on.
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

wendy wrote:I have an electric Kenwood.
Had it for years even opens sardine , square, cans.

Glad I saw this Wendy as I have an arthritic hand and have a problem with opening tins. Must look at the electric Kenwood. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Over the years we have bought the larger hand can openers, which don't last long. We have one in each van, so replacing is expensive. Instead I have bought the cheap smaller ones, and so far, so good - at around a pound each.