Jumble Sales

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Jumble Sales

Post by Richard »

Anyone go to them, seems they're always so much better than Boot Fairs, especially for clothes.

I haven't been for a while, some around here just have a 20p set price - got a Graghoppers Jacket for that !!

?

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
nicklincs
Lively Laner

Re: Jumble Sales

Post by nicklincs »

Not been to one for years, its car boot city here in South Lincs, loads of them all the time. Don't often see a jumble sale advertised, thought maybe the car boots had taken over.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Used to go when the kids were young, masses of bargains and I kitted them out from them.
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

I haven't seen a jumble sale round here either. We used to have them regularly at my town centre chapel. The choir had one once and when sorting everything out we thought we'd be lucky to make £20. In the event we made over £100.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Not seen a jumble sale for ages, so many big boot sales around here one goes through all year at a farm. I went to a charity shop on the weekend as my 'chicken coat' finally fell apart. Bought a nice long black coat with zip, poppers and furry hood for £3.99 to replace it.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

It's strange reading the replies, there's one either close to where I live or in the Villages around Ashford on about a fortnightly basis.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome