Finished!!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
p.penn

Finished!!

Post by p.penn »

I have finally finished this crochet blanket which I started in August!!! Mind you, I was on holiday in September, took a break for bauble making for 2 or 3 weeks before Xmas, then didn't pick up my hook again until a couple of weeks ago, so I guess it has taken me almost 4 months }hairout{ Part of the problem was that I couldn't seem to remember the pattern gor the first 40 squares (!), also, every time I thought it was finished, I decided it wasn't big enough! It was inspired by Heather at The Patchwork heart.

Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Finished!!

Post by jemberelli »

That is fabulous Helen! 4 months is nothing - I have just picked up a rag rug that I started a good 2 years ago but had to stop because Lollie just ate everything! I am hoping to get it finished before hell freezes over! Love your blanket, I have no idea how to crochet but aI have a hook & some wool and one day will Youtube some tutorials.
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

That's so nice! you're very clever.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Love this one Helen and love the muted colours. Such a talented lady where crochet is concerned and I did notice all the wool stored away at the back, so I guess more projects in the near future. Once again, well done )app( .
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Wow! )like(
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Thank you!! Although I am pretty pleased with with it, even though it was quite challenging. I'm afraid I am not as talented as you think! I just avoid things I can't do, and the joy of crochet is that it's easy to unravel! {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So clever )like(
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Magic )t' )t' )t'

Well done Helen.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

p.penn wrote:Thank you!! Although I am pretty pleased with with it, even though it was quite challenging. I'm afraid I am not as talented as you think! I just avoid things I can't do, and the joy of crochet is that it's easy to unravel! {rofwl}

Helen you are far too modest. You are talented, so there!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.