Climber advice please

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Climber advice please

Post by jemberelli »

Karen, thank you again )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

I love ceanothus (Californian lilac). When I used to open up for the NGS, I had a collection of about 35, which included the white and pink as well as many, many of the blue ones. Arboreus is quite a big one, Pugets blue is the most amazing deep colour. Personally I don't think they are a pot plant though. BY the way I wasn't being serious about the Russian Vine.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I figured you were't seriously recommending the Russian Vine! Seeing how quickly it covered the side of the house at my parents years ago, I will forever avoid it!!

If I can sort out some sort of border (deoending on what's underneath) then I think either Jasmine or the ceanothus will do the job nicely. Thank you all for your advice )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I would recommend jasmine tracleospurnun (sp.?!!!). It has evergreen leaves, and clusters of highly scented white flowers all summer. It is hardy, and the leaves can go scarlet in the autumn. I have two - both in pots.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks Helen, sounds gorgeous )t'
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

Agree with Helen.....
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I have just ordered a couple and also got a Clematis Montana for a fiver which will go on another fence to replace the honeysuckle that is poisonous for Hector but which he keeps trying to eat!

Thanks for all of the advice {hug}