Bought eggs

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Mo
Legendary Laner

Bought eggs

Post by Mo »

I know this section is really about 'grow your own' eggs. But didn't want people to miss the You & Yours discussion today (Wed) about a petition to Tesco to stop selling caged eggs.
Here is the petition.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Re: Bought eggs

Post by HenPen »

Signed )like(
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi ,trouble is not just one super market , but a start.
Where would I get my rescue girls from.....
Just have to get the free rangers then.....
Bob
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

The person who started the petition said that other supermarkets were no longer selling cage eggs.

Well Bob, you could always get birds that have had a good start in life, Point-of-Lay. Cut out the commercial misery completely.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , rescue girls only as there are plenty out there that need homing .
I am sure Tescos will change soon as the are having a rough time trading at the moment and need to get the public back .
Best of luck with it .Tried to sign up but came up a error. Will get Karen (SWMBO ) to have a look as she is always on good causes .
B0b
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Weird Mo I got dragged into Tesco today (never ever shop there) and walked past the eggs. A middle aged man was putting the 15eggs from caged birds into his trolley, happy eggs were beside them. Couldn't resist saying 'and here are happy eggs from happy hens and here are unhappy eggs from unhappy hens'. Cowardly and really none of my business what he buys I rushed off.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Good for you Sandy.
They show pictures of free ranging hens above eggs in some stores maybe if they showed pictures of caged hens above those eggs it might get people to change their buying habits.
Amber.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

This has really made me re-think where I'm going to shop in future. I've always shopped with Tesco and have recently had home delivery from them but some of their practices over the years have made me question this but I kind of thought all the supermarkets were probably the same. I've stuck with them because of the Tesco Clubcard Reward points which do come in useful but this is the final straw }hairout{ I cancelled my order with them last week and have changed to another well known supermarket. I'm also going to close my Tesco credit card. I know I'm only one small fish and I'm sure they won't miss my custom but I've exercised my right as a consumer and hopefully more people will do the same )like(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
nicklincs
Lively Laner

Post by nicklincs »

I no longer shop at tesco,and haven't done for a long time due to their various bad practices.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Trouble is they are the one that are open when I am driving past, so for me it's shop there or use the petrol and time for a 20 mile round trip. Though I get quite a lot from the local Co-op.