Anyone for power walking ?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: Anyone for power walking ?

Post by fabindia »

Saw an article on the BBC website today about Jo brand's charity walk.
Michael
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

She is doing very well, day four now and over half way. Struggling a bit with blisters and achey legs but she has supporters to jolly her along. I think she is bloomin brilliant. She never exercises, and eats what she likes. An inspiration to any middle aged overweight women. GoJo. I am watching her on the BBC Sports Relief page, they keep updating it throughout the day.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I have just passed the 100 mile mark for this year. Since the 1st of December I have walked 175 miles. Feeling better for it. :-D
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I'm on 118 miles now. Haven't had time to do my three miles today, but not to worry, I'm off out tomorrow with my walking buddies, Paul and Paul. Think we are doing ten miles. Paul has the route and it's my turn to drive.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

A quick catch up here. I am moving my start date for the 1000 mile challenge to Jan 1st. That keeps it in line with my blog readers. I did 75 miles in December but not counting it in the total. I am still doing three miles a day, and I'm almost at the 200 mark. Hoping to keep it up till the end of the year.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Did four miles yesterday, that's taken it to 200. Now I'm hankering after doing a long walk, it's that time of year. Looking at doing Jo's walk in reverse, Liverpool to the Humber Bridge. Will check it out.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I reached the three month target today of 250 miles. Well pleased with that. :-D Only another nine months to go. {cry}

Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Still keeping up the momentum, but if I have a day off, like yesterday because of the rain, I have to give myself a kick up the backside to get on with it the following day. Now on 282 miles. Some of my blog readers have overtaken me by doing longer distances. I am only doing three miles a day, preferring to pace myself. When I am able I will get out for a longer walk. An elderly dog is keeping me at home for the moment.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Finished April on 327 miles, six short of the target 333 for four months. Now on 335. I am having three days walking in Yorkshire this month, so that will boost it up a bit. I'm chuffed that quite a few of my blog readers are doing this as well, some of them are ahead of me.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Back from a three day walking holiday, did 26 miles, that's bumped up my total to 388. Need to keep up the momentum and not slip back, so sticking with the three miles a day. Next target is 415 at the end of May.
Can I have a walking/hiking smilie please.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Updating this, it's turning into a diary, ha ha. I did reach the 415 target at the end of May, so the next target is 500 at the end of June. I've had two days off this month so far, too busy. I am now on 438, I can't afford to take any more days off or I will drop behind. Onward and upward.
Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Well I did have to take more days off, due to rain, and filming for Shed of the Year. Now I'm trying to make up the lost miles. Have doubled up the three to six on two days, did five yesterday. I'm on 471 with eight days left to go to the end of the month. Another double up day is needed I think.

Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

YAY, I reached the 500 mark on Thursday. Now for the next six months, and another 500. It's become part of my routine now, though I do like a day off now and again.
Ilona
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Great going Ilona!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Thank you Jem. Updating this, now on 542 miles, only missed one day so far this month. My 3 miles are supposed to take 50 minutes, but I keep getting held up, mainly because the people of my village are so friendly, but also I can be a bit of a gas bag as well. :-D
Ilona