It's turned a bit chilly but Spring definitely getting here.

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
fabindia
Legendary Laner

It's turned a bit chilly but Spring definitely getting here.

Post by fabindia »

The British climate does mean that we can never count that the Spring weather will be consistent. It can be a warm and sunny one day and get a sprinkling of snow the next. So this week has been a bit of a mixed bag.

After a pleasant start the week, the weekend has been chilly but nevertheless, I was still able to get out in the garden today for a bit of a Spring tidy up. Tulips, daffodils, forsythia and blackthorn all in blossom. Still a week or two before we get the apple blossom but getting there.

Michael
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: It's turned a bit chilly but Spring definitely getting h

Post by Mo »

Looking good. )like(

I've got damson. plum, cherry, and pear now (as well as the forsythia and berberis) and some of the apples are budding, some have leaves but some still look dead. It surprises me every year that Worcester which is ready to pick quite early is the last to give and sign of life.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

)t' love the tulips, so pretty. But yes, spring in the UK seems to take 2 steps back just when things are moving along. My plum tree is in full blossom, and the Conference pears are also breaking out just as the forecast is for ... snow .sn< It doesn't sound like it is going to stick or linger but just be very cold so all the bees and other pollinating insects will probably call it a day and go and hibernate a bit longer. Think we might be having a lean plum and pear harvest this year ....
mardatha
Lively Laner

Post by mardatha »

Well all I've got is daffs and its snowing today, with a north wind that would take the face off you! {mr.angry}
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Snow here as I drove home last night at 10.30. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then hail as I unloaded the car.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire