The gardening club by John Boman

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
barboo
Lively Laner

The gardening club by John Boman

Post by barboo »

Evening all,
Now not all gardening is done in ones own garden but the allotments are yet another field in the gardeners world of places to garden,
And because gardening is enjoyed by people in all walks of life and talking in all sorts of accents, some people talk the queens english well and some talk the same language in a slang type of talk,
Some people can work in banks some even as doctors and some as binmen,
But on the allotments you can't choose who gets what plot and its times like this that people who would proberly never pass the time of day with each other in normal life find themselves mixing and friendships grow,
This is a gardening styled book in a story form of how a bunch of men all meet because of their desire to have a little place to get away from the working life's they know so well,
But things get out of hand and this book becomes a thriller and a funny & sad book.

Because of the posh meets the rough in terms of backgrounds its full of laughing plus the lost souls in life .

A very good read. (333 pages) paper back
i BOUGHT THIS IN WH SMITHS.
iTS PUBLISHED BY GROVENOR HOUSE PUBLISHING and three years ago it cost under a £10.
Johnmichael
Learner Laner

Re: The gardening club by John Boman

Post by Johnmichael »

Hello to the Down The Lane Forum

I came across the mention of my novel The Gardening Club on your site .
I was intrigued and registered .
I was self employed from 1967 and heading for retirement 2010 , I live in a new town from my home town of 55 years and was struggling to find work at the time ...I had always wanted to try to write and though I went to writing classes in 1965 I had worked and not written from then ! I had time and no excuses left to not at least try . I used the services of a very experienced editor , Linden Stafford and the book The Gardening Club was finally in print
in 2009 . Quite a few have sold considering I'm unknown and obviously at least one to whoever wrote the review on your forum .
I'm now 70 am trying to find a publisher for 2 more novels , thoroughly enjoying trying
and at last " having a go !"

If any members wish to contact me johnmboman@aol.com you are welcome

PS if you've promised yourself all your life to try something new my advice to start is if not tomorrow ...then today !

PPS I still work at my original work sometimes to supplement the pension , thank goodness I'm fit enough ...just shorter days though.

And good luck and thank you to whoever gave my book a mention