Spring is nearly over ...

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Spring is nearly over ...

Post by fabindia »

the daffs are finished and the tulips are just on the turn. Still the garden does look renewed following winter.

Michael
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Spring is nearly over ...

Post by lancashire lass »

what a beautiful picture - definitely looks like an early spring scene )like(

I'm enjoying the mass of fruit tree blossom at home although the recent heavy rain has knocked a lot of petals onto the ground. The apple trees are just starting to get showy.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

It is a lovely picture.

Spring over? Depends where you are! The last of our daff buds have opened in this little heatwave and I have a lovely vase-ful in here with me, but the tulips aren't out yet, our apple trees have just opened their leaves as have the fruit bushes, and everything else is still working up to it. I thought our wygella (spelling?) was lost, but it's just gone leafy. I look forward to the rest of spring and will put the tatties in soon!
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Freeranger wrote:Spring over? Depends where you are! The last of our daff buds have opened in this little heatwave and I have a lovely vase-ful in here with me, but the tulips aren't out yet

What part of the country do you live? I thought it was cold enough here in the northeast.
Michael
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

At about 1100ft in Scottish Southern Uplands - so not far from you but enough to make the difference. Lower down the valley is further on, but not as far as where you are.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Freeranger wrote:At about 1100ft in Scottish Southern Uplands - so not far from you but enough to make the difference. Lower down the valley is further on, but not as far as where you are.

That explains it! We are a few weeks behind the sunny south, and it looks as if you are a couple of weeks behind us.
Michael