Oh dear, Storm heavier than expected !

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Oh dear, Storm heavier than expected !

Post by Richard »

I saw the forecast and secured the Broad Beans, Sweet Corn etc., but they said 40mph winds.
At 0400 I reckoned on 60mph and although I had some sticks in them, the Lupins got hammered.

[center]Image[/center]

Then this morning I couldn't get out the Lane, a tall tree had come down and blocked it.
It's a Mill House Tree opposite and seeing it's a Private Road and they 'own' the Lane, they had to get Tree Surgeons out to clear it.
Surprisingly it only cost them £200, they were here for a good two hours sawing, chopping and putting branches through the wotsit machine.

Oh well, cut back the Lupins, have some indoors and hope what I have saved will regrow a bit, there are a fair amount of buds on the shorter bits.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Oh dear, Storm heavier than expected !

Post by Spreckly »

Your poor lupins, Richard. The wind here was really bad yesterday.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

The garden was looking the best for years on Sunday !!!!

Also, loads of Hawthorn blossoms coming down as well, looks like snow everywhere.

I believe the good weather's starting again on Sunday.....thank goodness !!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hope the weather is going to pick up on Sunday, so cold and damp on the east coast.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

{hug} it's so sad when you see plants at their very best brought down by strong winds. And they were so pretty too.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Aww what a shame, they are beautiful!

I had a vase of dead tulips, some mucky water and loads of those vase pebbles on the garden table, waiting for the flowers to be emptied into the compost. Stuuupid me! The wind blew the vase off the table and it smashed into smithereens on the patio! First I knew was when I let the dog out and had to run & catch him before he went exploring! :oops: }hairout{
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell