Speckled Wood

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Speckled Wood

Post by fabindia »

Not a butterfly I have seen much of in the North East of England. According to the web site UK Butterflies; "In England this butterfly is found south of a line between Westmorland in the west and South-east Yorkshire in the east, with a few scattered colonies further north." We are a lot further north than South-east Yorkshire and in an urban rather than woodland setting, so lucky to have this visitor to our garden.

By the way, this photo was just taken on my mobile phone. How lucky we are to have this technology today. When I was a kid, (1) I wouldn't have had a camera handy and so the moment would have been lost and (2) even if I had a camera I probably wouldn't have been able to afford to have the film developed most of the time, and so only ever used a camera sparingly.

Michael
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Speckled Wood

Post by Mo »

Very true about the cost of film and developing. On or two rolls of 8 prints did for a summer holiday.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Speckled Wood

Post by Richard »

Really good photo Michael.

I spottd one about 4 days ago, first of the year, we get a few down this way.

Love the Butterflies but I need to learn the species more !!

Great )t' )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome