Plants for Patios

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Livvy Lum
Lively Laner

Plants for Patios

Post by Livvy Lum »

Can anyone advise me what would be the best plants to grow on my very hot south facing patio?
They would have to be in pots and ideally I'd like something that I can train to grow along the fence. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to buy something and find out it was the wrong thing. Many Thanks
p.penn

Re: Plants for Patios

Post by p.penn »

I would go for Jasmin tracleospurnun. Green glossy evergreen leaves (which sometimes turn magenta red in Autumn, with beautifully scented small white flowers (not like the jasmine houseplant which I can't stand!)

I first came actoss it in Southrrn Italy, but have 2 in pots with a wigwam for them to grow up. I also recommended them to 3 of my friends, and they are all pleased. Mind you, mine are very neglected at the moment }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

Jasmine tracleospurmum is lovely. There are some small clematis which you can grow in pots. If you have a knowledgeable garden centre near you, ask there. The main thing with climbers in pots is lots of tlc
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ooops! My spell checker changed the spelling for some reason!! Honestly!!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

yeah right, we believe you honestly. {rofwl}
Bah Humbug