Ilona - your blog

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Ilona - your blog

Post by Spreckly »

Ilona, I have just caught up with your blog. I just love your trainers, and the framed picture. Unfortunately I have not found out how to respond on your blog! )t'
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Ilona - your blog

Post by Meanqueen »

Hi Spreckly. Just seen this, I've been away for a couple of days. At the bottom of each post is a box which says, Enter your comment, type your message into there. Underneath it asks, Comment as, click the little arrow and a drop down menu gives you choices. Anyone can comment by clicking on Anonymous. Another option is Name/url. Click on it, ignore url and just put your name in the box. Then click on Publish.

All comments go into my Awaiting moderation box, I read it first then publish it. I can delete the nasty comments, they don't get published.

Give it a try.
Ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thanks Ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Just read tonight's blog Ilona on coffee cups. It irritates me to see folk walking around with either a mobile phone attached to their ears, or a coffee cup in their hand, and your comments made me smile. It seems to be the trend.

We actually recycle our rather rare cuppas from Mc......ds, which we drink waiting for the shops to open on our weekly shopping trip. I explain - we travel to town early, do both supermarkets, then whip into town, where we park on the street. We actually get one and a half hours worth of free parking, as the time runs from nine am, for one hour. In the meantime, we either drink our Mc.....ds coffee, or go to a cafe, which is our weekly treat, I might add, and has the bonus of a WC.

Getting to the point, we take the coupon off our cup, take them home, wash them out, and as I said, recycle them as "money boxes" for our local church extension fund. OH prints out a sticker of the church, and an explanation of what the money is for. In just over a year, we have received our coffee cups back, with one hundred pounds collected from them. We originally bought them on ebay, but are using the recycled ones. With a slit cut in the plastic lid, they are ideal.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That's a good idea. Any ideas to reuse cups has got to be good. Eventually they might build more recycling plants which can cope with the composite cups, or make them out of cardboard only without the plastic.
Ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Spreckly wrote: In the meantime, we either drink our Mc.....ds coffee, or go to a cafe, which is our weekly treat, I might add, and has the bonus of a WC.

Never miss an opportunity of a WC (especially if you have been drinking coffee)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire