Scarlet lily beatle

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Scarlet lily beatle

Post by jemberelli »

Hubby took a photo of a beatle that he found on the bbq cover. I googled it and discovered that it was a scarlet lily beatle. I have read about how destructive they are. Unfortunately the pot nearest to where it was found has tree lilies in growing in it! I have found a couple on it this evening and some leaves have been chomped.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of them - they are beautiful but extemely destructive it seems. All I have found is that you can either squash them or spray them but not sure what to use... }hairout{
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Re: Scarlet lily beatle

Post by Grannyof4 »

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Thanks Granny )like(
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

So far this year, I have only found one lily beatle. Normally we have more than a few. I just squash them.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I had never seen them before but this year I have a large pot with tree lilies in for the first time. They are still quite small, nowhere near as large as they should get so I need to stop the beatles from partying there! I don't want to fail in my first attempt! >mmm<
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I have not found any more lily beetles on our lilies, but the flowers are not open yet.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Same here Spreckly, I squished a few but don't seem to have had any more but I am still waiting for the buds to open! Hope we don't have long to wait!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Three of our lilies have opened up this morning.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Mine are on their way - not fully open yet but almost there!