Old trampoline as a chicken run

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Powyswales
Lively Laner

Old trampoline as a chicken run

Post by Powyswales »

Was looking on ebay for chicken runs and coops and came across this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chicken-run-t ... SwRJ9XgUix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems like a good way of making a chicken run with a sun shelter.

lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Old trampoline as a chicken run

Post by lancashire lass »

I can see a plus and a down sides ... ideal as a movable run so when one patch of ground has been wrecked, just move it along to new ground. I think perhaps make sure the "roof" is safe from predators like foxes, and also the base where they might be able to dig underneath the fencing to get inside. The downside is if the run is a permanent feature, it would involve crawling underneath should you need access for any reason.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Yes, I can see +++s and ---s too. You could move it, would have to, as the grass would get bare quite quickly. A little bit each day might be better than a big heave once a week.

But you would have to get them into it from their house, every day, so you couldn't move it far or it would confuse them. They would have to go to bed when you were ready, not wander in at their own pace. Where would they lay eggs?
And do you really want the job of chicken herding twice a day, every day? Yes they might follow the food 9 times out of 10, but the odd time could be chaos (just when you were dressed to go out knowing hens).
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Now thats something I have never seen before!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/