Thanks
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Re: Giant rabbits

Post by Trev62 »

Thanks Wendy, rather slow at getting the hang of these things computer things!

He has been sitting on my lap outside all night as calm as anything but he does not like being picked up and is happy to dish out a small nip to let you know this!
"Not all those who wander are lost"
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

What a corker, well worth the wait! He is absolutely stunning )like(
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

How to stay cool when the temperature is above 100 degrees all day!!

We have frozen pop bottles positioned in the garden for the chickens to sit on or lay next to but Percy saw his chance whilst they were feeding and he never moved for ages!
wendy

Post by wendy »

)like(

nicklincs
Lively Laner

Post by nicklincs »

I do the frozen pop bottles for my rabbits,they love them.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

nicklincs wrote:I do the frozen pop bottles for my rabbits,they love them.

Any tips on getting them used to being picked up?

Nightmare at present, absolutely fine once on your lap or sitting next to you being fussed but ours hate being picked up and lifted, any guidance appreciated. :bun:
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

So....................Percy is becoming a bit of a chicken herder, he selects his "victims" then rounds them up and herds them together, funny to watch and the chickens seem to happily tolerate him though tonight after they had all gone to bed, five in each coop he decided to bring them all out again as it was too early (in his book) for bed. A courgette and cucumber snack later they all returned to their perches and he to his crate for a snack of parsley and cabbage.

These animals are spoilt rotten.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Percy is booked in to be neutered next Thursday. In the evening he has taken to stretching out relaxing on the window sill (which he now fills) but we have to ensure that the petchka room door is shut or he will fry himself on the UPS battery as he loves investigating things. We left the door open to the stairs yesterday and found him running around the bedroom and bathroom, jumping on the bed and generally having a good time!
wendy

Post by wendy »

{rofwl}

Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Okay then I have learnt a couple of things today:

Firstly.................we have noticed Percy rubbing his chin on various objects over these last weeks and it transpires that rabbits have a scent gland there so he has been "scenting" all these objects.

Secondly...............never stand too close to an "entire" rabbit!!! Tonight after rounding up all ten of our chickens he proceeded to spray them all as he ran circles around them, he also managed to spray my partners legs as she was standing in the middle of all the chickens, I should not have but I did laugh my little socks off!!!! {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}

As the song goes "I have never seen anything like it in my life!!"

Now none of the information we have read has mentioned entire male rabbits doing this, thankfully he has not sprayed in the house anywhere on his wanders, roll on his visit to the vets on Thursday!!!
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

So a question to all the rabbit owners out there..........

Do you know what a "binky" is?? >coc<

No? well nor did I until today when I came across the word on a rabbit information site.

A ‘binky’ is a rabbits expression of joy. This is where they can run, jump up and twist their body and flick their feet up at the same time.

So on this basis Percy must be a happy bunny as he often does the "blinky".

So there you go a useful/useless piece of information but a good word to use when playing Scrabble, also to all you nightclubbers you can get out on the dance floor at the weekend and ..............."do the blinky", that will raise a few eyebrows!!! :-D
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Well I typed that wrong, anyone spot the "deliberate" mistake?? ........ For "blinky" read "binky", sorry about that! :oops:
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

I never realized rabbits were such complicated creatures. The vets were shocked when we turned up with Percy this morning. We had told them he was a baby giant rabbit but they were expecting a furry animal weighing in at @ 2 kgs so when they saw the size of him and he tipped the scales at over 5 kgs they had to redo all their calculations for the anaesthetic.

When we went to collect him he was happily running around their recovery room and we left with syringes full of antibiotics and painkillers to administer orally over the next few days. That will be fun if not impossible!!! Also with a warning to ensure he feeds and to inspect his faeces as this will show any problems with his digestive system, any issues he has to be taken back immediately as a rabbits digestive tract is so sensitive that any malfunction could kill him.

Due to his internal stitches and the surgical glue applied to the incision he has to have a soft bed and something constantly warm to lay on to aid the healing together with plenty of his favourite food to ensure he starts eating again, so no rounding up of chickens, binkying or jumping up on the window sill for the foreseeable future.

With this sort of after care treatment I think I will request to be reincarnated as a rabbit next time I return to this mortal life!!
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Percy today, fully house trained and in his favourite spot, strange as we never let the dogs on the furniture but a rabbit get free rein to go where he wants :?

Image[/URL]

And Percy tonight, one spoilt rabbit I think!!!

Image[/URL]