A visit to the vet dentist

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
albertajune
Legendary Laner

A visit to the vet dentist

Post by albertajune »

When Beau went for his annual jab the vet recommended that his teeth be scaled. Poor little Beau had to have 5 teeth extracted. It appears that he had already lost 3. I hope he has no more discomfort for a while.

On the good side. When he was rescued from the puppy farm, it was discovered that he had lived all his 8yrs with a dislocated knee and limped very badly. Now with regular exercise he can run, in a hoppy fashion and is taken for walks where he has made doggy friends. He now enjoys life :-D
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: A visit to the vet dentist

Post by Spreckly »

Dental work is mega expensive. My previous two shelties had to have extractions and scaling, despite the regular use of a toothbrush and a nylon chewing bone. Hope Beau continues to enjoy his life with you June.
wendy

Post by wendy »

Aww he will feel better without them, if they are causing trouble.
Megan had to have 4 removed and one that had to have work on her jawbone, as it had gone that far. She is a different dog since. She must have been in such pain.

Little dogs seem to suffer more with their teeth than the larger ones.

Well done for sorting his knee out )t'

If people realised what the parents went through in these puppy farms they wouldn't buy from anyone other than a bona fide breeder.

Megan also came from one.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

It is always pleasing to hear when an animal has been rescued and given a better life, I hope albertajune you have many more enjoyable years together.

)ot: As for people involved with puppy farms and registered breeders that over breed I wish there was an easy way to stop them as in every country I have lived the welfare and rescue centres are full to the overflowing with abandoned and unwanted dogs, they all deserve a better life than they have had. But that should be covered in a rant and rave thread !!
"Not all those who wander are lost"
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Spreckly wrote:Dental work is mega expensive. My previous two shelties had to have extractions and scaling, despite the regular use of a toothbrush and a nylon chewing bone. Hope Beau continues to enjoy his life with you June.

Yes very expensive. 182 pounds (can't find the pound sign on my tablet)
It makes we wonder how many animals have to suffer pain if their owners can't afford the cost.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bless Beau June {hug} thank goodness he now lives with you. Mind you I had to pay £650.00 for an old collapsed root canal, thank goodness he just needs a scale
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/