remakes

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
sandy
Legendary Laner

remakes

Post by sandy »

I didn't really enjoy the are you being served last night until about the last 5 minutes when the conversation moved to Mrs S's cat. Have to say the porridge was very good, cat wait for Hyacinth, love the original
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
p.penn

Re: remakes

Post by p.penn »

I was very sceptical, but actually really enjoyed them both. I thought it was an immense challenge, which they succeeded in very well.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

We watched the first couple of minutes of Are You Being Served before turning it off but enjoyed Porridge. Hyacinth should be interesting!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I watched Are you being Served and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice to see familiar faces in the cast, they did a good job.
Ilona
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I personally think that Are you being served could have been brought a bit more up to date. I don't think that the characters needed to be impersonated so closely, right to the pink hair of Mrs Slocum. It was OK but not excited about it.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Oh dear I really didn't like the keeping up appearances prequel at all
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Really didn't like the are you being served nor the keeping up appearances, but I thought the porridge was good and I enjoyed seeing goodnight sweetheart updated (although he's still a dirty rotten cheating rat :-D )
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Loved Goodnight Sweetheart, I think that's ripe for another series now! Didn't really like Are You Being Served first time round so I didn't watch that as I always think Sherry Hewson over acts anyway! Quite like Hyacinth, think that could be a new series too!
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
nicklincs
Lively Laner

Post by nicklincs »

The remakes just aren't the same as the originals. Didn't enjoy them nearly as much.