Bye bye Pie

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
p.penn

Bye bye Pie

Post by p.penn »

Ahhh, lost another of my chooks while I was on holiday. Pie had been looking a little slower and I did warn my neighbour, who was looking after them. I have just checked through old posts to see how old she was, and she was almost 4.5 years, which isn't too bad. The other one I lost this year was 6.5.

I only have 3 chooks left now, but am going to wait until next year before adding to my merry band I think. That way, at least they won't all be more or less the same age, and I may get eggs for longer.

Mind you, on the subject of eggs, I got 2 new Point-of-Lay earlier this year, Flopsy and Mopsy, thinking I would be ok for eggs for a while, and Mopsy has gone broody 4 times so far! }hairout{ Any ideas?

Anyway, it's Bye Bye Miss American Pie..... xxx
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com

Powyswales
Lively Laner

Re: Bye bye Pie

Post by Powyswales »

Hi, sorry to hear about pie, can i ask what breed was she? Trying to find out how long i can expect my chickens to live for, have been told hybrids have a reduced life expectancy. I have 3 bluebells and 4 rir.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Not sure - she was probably a warren. Plain brown.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi sad to lose a hen , but on holiday is worse as no fare well goodbye .
Best wishes .
Bob
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Aw Helen so sorry you have lost your little Pie {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/