Bread and Toast

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: Bread and Toast

Post by fabindia »

I made bread every weekend when we where at home.

Not sure what I can do out here in India as we won't have an oven in our apartment. I have tried looking for a store that sells bread makers but can't find one.We may splash out and buy a free standing electric oven and hope the electrics are up to it.

I am sure we can make a sourdough starter so will be able to have pancakes for Sunday breakfast. If I can, I'll take a picture and post on this forum.
Michael
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

fabindia - I would be interested in any Indian bread recipes you may stumble across as my partner loves trying out different recipes and ways of cooking. I am currently under instructions to build her an outdoor cooking pit/fire area before next summer so she can try more things over a log fire. Her instructions do not include any details of how I am to go about this though..................so she may be in for a long wait!!!
"Not all those who wander are lost"
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Trev62 wrote:so she may be in for a long wait!!!

Ha ha I know the feeling.

As Indian families don't have ovens, I don't think they have many traditional breads as we know them. What they do have are chapatis, naan, paratha, roti, puri, dosa, etc. I won't mind having a go at making dosa, which is made with fermented rice flour, so I think it similar to the sourdough pancakes we make. Though having watched this guy on youtube - I am sure it's not as easy as it looks )c+

[youtube]uBh4mO4m9t0[/youtube]
Michael
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Thanks for the recipes I'll give them a try.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Bit of a cheat but we made some of these chocolate croissants today, absolutely gorgeous!! :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPPFR1_UBo"
"Not all those who wander are lost"