Cheapest Petrol Prices in your Area

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Cheapest Petrol Prices in your Area

Post by lancashire lass »

saint-spoon wrote:they will soon be rising to those prices once more... enjoy the low ones whilst you can.

I normally fill up at Asda's after my weekly shop but a not so frugal decision to not bother filling up last Saturday (price was £1.07/L petrol) has meant an "emergency" fill up at my local BP ... £1.10p/L petrol (I just put £10 to last me until weekend) I'm almost sure the price used to be less than that last month so I think the good times are over (and isn't it traditional to put fuel prices up at this time of year in time for winter usage anyway?)
TWC1
Learner Laner

Post by TWC1 »

Canterbury has, for reasons unclear to me, offered lower-than-elsewhere-locally prices consistently over the twelve years I've lived in Kent. I'm very grateful of course, but I've no idea how it happens. The supermarkets, as usual, are particularly competitive and I always fill up whenever I find myself in Canterbury. Morrison's is currently charging 103.7p per litre for unleaded. Yippee! I imagine everyone knows about petrolprices.com but for anyone who doesn't, you can sign up to the site and provide 3 postcodes of your choice and they will email you once or twice a week with the cheapest fuel nearest to your chosen postcodes. It's really helpful and a free service.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi

Blimey that's good. I'm going to Chartham in a few days, will pop along to Morrison's!

Where I'm staying down here in Southampton it's Petrol £1.09 and Diesel £1.10 (Tesco's).

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Richard

Post by Richard »

I forgot to say, I went to Hastings two Sundays ago....

Petrol 103.7p
Diesel 104.2p

Blimey.

Regret to say I filled up on the way down there at £1.09 for my diesel {cry}

Trust me.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Last week I was trying to eke out the petrol in the tank until Saturday but on Friday had to do an emergency fill up of £15 at the local garage to last me until then. Not the cheapest petrol but it seemed about right. On Saturday at the Asda garage it was 99.7p ! I can't remember the last time petrol was less than a £1 per litre. What surprised me is how busy the pumps were too ... first time I've had to queue in ages
Richard

Post by Richard »

I was just looking back at this.

In Ashford it's around £1.13 at present.

I went to London on Sunday (not by car) but noticed some Stations there were selling at £1.28.

Richard
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

It's been going up steadily. Nantwich Sainsburys 107.9p yesterday 2p cheaper than the cheapest place I pass regularly.
I think the Shell I used to use in about 113
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Te...c diesel £106.9 today in our nearest town. Nearly always cheaper than fuel where we do our weekly shop.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Shell at Sandiway has dropped to 110.9, but 2 other Shells that I passed tonight are still at 112.9 (usually the same price)
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks Mo.

I went to Tesco earlier and they had Petrol at £1.09 which I though was pretty good.

Richard )t'
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Since last Christmas, the price has slowly gone up - for ages at Asdas/Tescos it was 103p, then 105p, then 107p and finally it peaked at 109p last month (the garages like Shell & BP at about 111-113p per litre). Yesterday I filled up at Asdas and it was back to 105p per litre ...
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

There is an interesting website an interesting website.
You can see how prices have fluctuated in recent years.
If you sign up you can search for prices in your area (and where you are going). And they will send emails of prices within a radius of home, daily / weekly /whatever you choose.

The cheapest petrol station I pass (on the junction of A533 & A 49 ) is not on their list, because it doesn't take fuel vouchers. But knowing what the cheapest is elsewhere encourages me to fill up there.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

When I got my new car (the last week in September), the price was about £1.05p per litre. I've been filling the tank up on a weekly basis just to get an idea of fuel consumption and over the past month, prices have risen on average 2p a week - it is now nearly £1.13p per litre.

It makes me wonder when the gas and electricity will be going up ...
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I topped up today at £1.14 a litre at the Associated Dairies suipermarket and that was much cheaper than the local BeePee or Mexico garages which are up at £1.20.
Bah Humbug
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Diesel was £117.9 at Mo......ns this morning.