Anyone remember David Essex?

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
sandy
Legendary Laner

Anyone remember David Essex?

Post by sandy »

He is on his final tour {cry} He came back to Bristol on monday and gave an excellent entertaining night of all his songs over the years. I know he isn't to everyones taste, he was a pin up on my wall in the 70s and has retained his voice and that twinkle in his eye. Was thinking what a vast difference between him and my other idol of the time David Cassidy who has thrown his life away on dr-ugs,booze and gone bankrupt! David E has always appeared as a gentlemen in the many years we have seen him, his parting words were a big thankyou to us as without us her would not have had the opportunities he has had over the years, he also said luck had a lot to do with it.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: Anyone remember David Essex?

Post by kitla »

Oh yes I was a fan back then. He did that tv series as a character on a houseboat & still had the cheeky charm then. I had no idea he was still performing. Now I shall have "hold me close dont let me go...oh no" buzzing round my head all day!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

he made a mean Eddie Moon ...

I do remember him from the 70s - my best friend had huge posters of him and Donny Osmond on her bedroom wall (wow, takes me back LOL) I confess I wasn't a fan (of any group of individual) but when David Essex appeared in Eastenders the first time, I instantly recognised him from his eyes.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Ooohhh yes, loved David Essex. My school friend and I went to Torquay on our first holiday on our own after leaving school (1981 or 82) and he was playing in a theatre there which we managed to get tickets for. )like(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I saw David Essex on stage in Evita, three times (my brother worked at the Theatre) :-D :-D

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

He sang O What a circus, would have loved to have seen him as Che.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/