Living in a hot climate ....

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Living in a hot climate ....

Post by fabindia »

Living in a hot climate can have its downside - bugs grow rapidly so food poisoning is an ever present danger.

However, it does have its advantages. We have no problems making bread, either with dried yeast or sourdough, and yoghurt making is dead easy here. The Gujarati word for yoghurt is dahi, which is from a Sanskrit (Sanskrit being the root of many Indian languages - a bit like Latin is to Western Europe) and is one of the five elixirs. So can't be bad.

Michael
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Living in a hot climate ....

Post by albertajune »

Must admit that a hot climate has some advantages. I lived in S. Australia for 8 yrs and found the heat at times unbearable. Why I came bake to the UK.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

albertajune wrote:Must admit that a hot climate has some advantages. I lived in S. Australia for 8 yrs and found the heat at times unbearable. Why I came bake to the UK.

When and what part. We lived in a place called Elizabeth 1970 to 1972. I was still living with my parents at the time and so had little choice in either going or coming back.

S. Australia is hot but India can be even hotter. We have air conditioning here which helps and then you just have adjust your pace of life when you venture outside.
Michael
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Hi Michael. We lived near Christies Beach at a place called Norlunga. We lived there from 1974 to 1982. I knew Elizabeth well as we had friends living there. I personally was glad to return back to the UK but I still have a son there who is now himself a grandad. Thank goodness for Facebook
I am now a widow and live with my memories.