Food but no drink

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Food but no drink

Post by fabindia »

This is the food and drink section but unfortunately here where we live a dry state, there is no alcohol at all sold in the shops. Wendy and I haven't had a drink (of alcohol) for a couple of months now. {mr.angry}
Michael
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Food but no drink

Post by albertajune »

Do you miss a tipple now and again? It is probably something that you get used to but must admit I do enjoy a nice glass of rose.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I could live without alcohol, I almost do now. I will have a bottle of wine spread over four days, or a can of cider once every three weeks or so, but I wouldn't mind if I had none. I have bought a bottle of sherry for Christmas, but there won't be any spirits bought.
Ilona
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I'm much the same MQ and could happily live without - a bottle of port (or sherry) for the Christmas break (and the rest of the year) and a bottle of sparkling wine for Christmas day (probably the only day of the year when I get tipsy) Over summer I do like a chilled beer on a hot summers day, especially if I've been in the garden or allotment. I probably go through about a dozen cans of lager (or bitter) in a year. I'd much prefer soft drinks than alcohol when I go out with friends.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

albertajune wrote:must admit I do enjoy a nice glass of rose.

So does Wendy )like(

To be honest I am not that bothered though I do enjoy a good pint of real ale back home. Gujarat is dry but even in non-dry states like the tourist state of Goa all you can get is Kingfisher beer (a larger type beer) which isn't my thing really. I'm not a spirits drinker either.

I have missed making cider this year - probably more fun making it and seeing how it turns out. Again enjoy a few bottles of that with my lads.
Michael