{hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Waiting game.

Post by Richard »

Just a thought and I'm no expert, do you think it could be Diabetes ?
Low gait, drinking a lot etc?
It's very common with age, especially in males.

There again, old age is old age, the same for humans, things start giving up and everything gets harder.

He's loved and cared for, that's the main thing.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Sending hugs {hug}
Never an easy time but you'll know in your heart what is right for you and for Bugsy xx
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Still waiting. Sometimes he perks up, which gives me fresh hope for a bit longer with him. Now he has stopped eating again. I'm watching him carefully. As I see it I have two options, take him back to the vet for another injection, (he hates travelling in the box), don't want to stress him out. Or ask the vet to come here for the final injection. I know some cats will last longer than 20 years, but even so, 20 is a good innings. He has had everything he has ever wanted here.

He is so peaceful at the moment, laid on two hot water bottles tucked in his bed. We had some special time last night, I sat in the easy chair with him on my knee while I watched a few vids on yoootooob.

Must go.
Ilona
wendy

Post by wendy »

So upsetting even reading about it.

It really is quality of life over quantity. I know you will
do what you know is right for him.

{hug} {hug} {hug}

mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Dear Ilona, I'm not very good with words but my heart goes out to you, I think knowing when to make the decision to say goodbye to a much loved pet is such a hard thing to do. {hug}
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I made a last minute decision yesterday to take him to see Marian the vet at her pop up twice weekly surgery yesterday afternoon. She did a check, trimmed his claws, checked his mouth and gave him an injection. He has a sore spot in his mouth which might have been preventing him from eating.

Overnight he ate the tuna, and had some of the other two bowls which had cat food in them. Choice of three on the menu here :-D He seems a bit perkier this morning and has eaten some mashed up Co op food, which he hasn't had before.

I have some tablets to give him for five days starting tomorrow, Wednesday, so we'll see how we go with them. He's hanging on in there. Doesn't seem stressed, is happy on his hot water bottles. Thanks for your kind words, looking after our pets is what we all have in common here.
Ilona
wendy

Post by wendy »

I am always worried when I see you posting on here

But that sounds quite positive bless him.
{hug}

Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

No more waiting.

Copied from my blog.

Hello. I'm not saying much today, my beloved Bugsy has passed away. I went out last night to Helen's 50th birthday party, and when I came back I sat in a comfortable chair with Bugsy on my knee, for an hour. I put him to bed with his hot water bottles. He hadn't eaten very much in the last 48 hours and I planned to take him to the vet on Monday morning.

This morning when I came downstairs, I knew he was very poorly. He was laid stretched out and had been sick where he lay. I rang the emergency number for the vet and she said to bring him straight away. I asked for a home visit, but she said it would be quicker if I brought him in. He was barely conscious so wouldn't have known what was happening. When the time came to say goodbye I think he knew I was there, I held his head and he gave a little murmur. One hour later I was bringing him home.

He is now buried in the garden. He loved the garden, lying in the sunshine watching me and the other cats, and Rocky, coming and going. Rest in peace my little boy, my best friend for 20 years. He came to me when I was in need of some comfort after a messy relationship broke down. His previous owner kept going away and leaving him when he was only a kitten. We both needed someone to love, and we found each other.

Sorry, no more words.

Ilona
wendy

Post by wendy »

{cry}
So sorry, you tried very hard for him and I am sure he loved you very much.
{hug}

amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

So sorry to read your post Ilona, my thoughts are with you. {hug}
Amber.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Dear Ilona, no words just a hug . {hug}
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Not easy, though you've seen it coming.

But you have a lot to give to all your dogwalking animals....not the same I know {hug}
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

So sorry, Ilona. He sounds like a lovely cat, with big pawprints to fill.
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

I have been dreading reading this as I know what you have been going through but he is now at peace after a fantastic life with you. My one remaining cat Squidge, is 18 now and at the moment in reasonably good health having gone through months of eye problems. She kept getting bleeds in her eyes. She is on blood pressure tablets and hopefully now in check.