The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by kitla »

Big Beany from Chickenopolous here, WHAT'S HAPPENING?! We cant get to the sunny patch and there's no worms in here! Bill has found a high place to stand & when mum is in here he sings in her earhole. We have decided to try good chick bad chick with mum, so Nettle & me jumped into the nestbox together & squeezed out 2 lovely big eggs! We thought mum would be especially pleased about this as we havent given her eggs for weeks! We are still chatting about what the bad chick present will be, perhaps we should ask Roland for ideas, he must be on our side because he keeps trying to dig us escape tunnels, but Mum fills them in.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Guess who… oh I am sorry I am forgetting the protocol set out by Capt Gwen,,,,
Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
The Pinkerton here… my, we have had some sadness lately in our house but dare I say I now have four girls lording over me rather than six :oops:
We are astounded to read of your tales of being incarcerated although to be honest we are always incarcerated so we havent noticed much difference. Mum has put the pink smelly powder over the bit where we have no roof and totalled with the pink stuff in the diva's garden.
The Peds only get to stretch their legs when its summer so they are not noticing anything different either.
Of course we are all behind any devious plans you are making up and will offer our full support from our end.
Our big problem seems we will be totally treatless over the )x5( period as our mum is abandoning us to the mercy of Mr Ped! Now Mr Ped does give the Major and her troops treats but mum wont let us him give any of these to us. Honestly we missed out on yummy chips covered in salt and vinegar today.
The Capt has no tail at the moment while Violet is still growing back head feathers. I reckon she is stringing out his moult so she can go up the big house and eat CAT FOOD. I have had my moult and don't think I can bring on one again, besides Haze says I have THC condition and I will never fool mum with any pretend sick notes.
I have to share my bedroom with Haze again but at least I can get my hands on the phone more easily…
Must dash now …will sing Haze to sleep .ang.
Cadet Honeybun Pinkerton
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hevenin enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere >ch<

Firstly, we'd like to send our condolences to the Pink Ladies on the sad loss of Voilet an Megan. Very sad times. We was opin to wish all enpals a Nappy New Year an everyfing but in keepin wiv the sitchooashun we fink that might be a bit previous now.

Nappy New Year enpals

#libertyornoffin!

Yes this is now all enpals rallyin cry or ashtag at least, as we continue to be incinerated in ar run. It's LIBERTY OR NOFFIN! We ar open to suggestions for better rallying cries an ashtags of course, to go along wiv #chikenrevlootion, from the super clever brainy henpals wot Dory Grey sez are called sick. I think that's a bit rude but Dory sez this is one of them times wen words doan mean wot you fink they mean but is the opposite of what you fink they mean. My ed was spinnin a bit hafter she sed all that to be honest.

Now, the sad an nunexpected news is that my super cunnin plan to gain our #libertyornoffin by kidnappin Chestnut's feathers was FOYLD {mr.angry} due to Chestnut explodin in the run. Not literally of course, there wasn blood an guts an everyfing all over the place, jus feathers but it was enough for mum to figure out that Chestnut's feathers weren't kidnapped AT ALL.

I am runnin out of ninspiration enpals! My sneaky cunningness can only go so far, wen I can only go so far! As in not out of the run.

I shall keep tryin though, never fear enpals. I will save us all!

Tiddly Widdly >eas1<
#nevergiveup #nosurrendernodefeat
#peckpeckpeckbokbokpeckpeck
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi Penny 2 , Quaker , Desmond and Parker , We is out and running about. We just make a break for it and Our feeding person gives up. We practically run everything ,Dog /cat food bowls . We have patrols out in the garden and nothing lands near us. The furry small creatures are patrolling the fences . Free (at last ) Rangers and staying that way . New members of the Penelope Flock arrived with lights and loud bangs. They are not allowed out as we chase them back.
Strange new poles and building works going on outside our home .
I peck my feeder on his legs to tell him I am there and Cuddles is pecking his top bit .Yellow ring has come back from the house and is fatter than she went in.
Hope all you flocks are well and free soon .
Penny2 and the rest of the flock .
Penelope and Red flock
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
This is a plea for huge >fi< from all active henpals(even though you are not as active as you would like to be at the moment) for our Top Hen Eva Eve
Andrea the vet is not sure what is wrong with her, probably an infection or an egg stuck so high it cannot be seen without xrays. Whatever is wrong with her she is not doing anything but stand about. She has been put to bed in the cube tonight on her own, we will be all very surprised if she is still with us int the morning without a lot of >fi<
Thankyou
Corp Haze,Gracie,Honeybun,Lottie and Dottie
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

HenPen
Longlasting Laner

Post by HenPen »

All our toes are crossed for Eva Eve. Hoping she gives everyone a lovely surprise by being fully well in the morning >fi< >fi<
The HP Saucies
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Wings and claws crossed for Eva Eve the tophenanall of the Pink Ladies >fi<

And of course all the henpal wishes we can muster are on their way to you

Love

Dory Grey, Tiddly Widdly and Chestnut
Karen
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

Misspiggy from chickenopolous here. Now Eve you get better and stop making your mum sad. I myself have had some excitement today. Before bed, when mum came to our run with our treats, I waited patiently , then...when she opened the door.....I sprang! Then I ran out onto the grass ...Wahay! I was free..... free again at last!!. I turned back to blow a raspberry at mum, but saw my friends munching mealworm and corn, I had to run back fast before Bean ate my share. :?
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

mollie from the flock of Lily signing in ( Lily can't as she is with the scary needle lady again today).
We would like to send get well wishes to Eve >fi< and would kindly as for some for our great leader Lily who is not well at all.
Signing out.
Mollie.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Cuddles and Quaker send their best and she comes through to the rightside of the bridge....
Flock of Penelope and Red
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Corp Haze signing in, big big big >fi< for Lily from the flock of Ambrosia. Come on girlie we will be concentrating all night to send our very best get well wishes to the lovely Lily.
Lily they should work, EVA (not Eve henpeeps) says a huge thankyou for the return of her wellness, she has a little way to go as she cannot make it up on the bench yet but she can push us right out of the feed bowl! I really really want her to get better soon as she has plonked herself in the cottage along with myself and Honeybun, while snotty Gracie is sitting outside on her own on the perch(this makes mum sad) the silly girl was there last week with our supposed to have brains cause I am top hen Eva while water was dripping on them! Mum soon moved them to a dry spot, honestly even Honeybun wouldn't have ben that stupid. Speaking of Honeybun , Penny 2 would you like her to bunk up with you lot? Well any henpal flock….she is SO annoying. I don't think she has an off switch.
We have been getting loads of hooman food treats as our mum had flew(hmmm now thats weird) and has not eaten a lot of food so we have been well stuffed.
I shall sign off now as big well wishing needs concentration ….
Corp (moulting) Haze
Pink Ladies Division
Down with Freda's new ploys

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello henpals, )wav(

Dory Grey signing in quickly to wish Eva continued get well wishes, and if she could spare a few for her mum that would be good too.

Now all henpals need to send soothing thoughts and wishes to Lily and her mum Amber. Lily is still a very sick girl and we send lots of {hug}

Dory, Chestnut and Tiddly
Karen
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Morning Henpals.
Molly signing in. Well a bit has been going on here in the last few weeks.
Lily keeps disappearing for up to a day and then coming back saying she has been to see the scary needle lady and been prodded and poked where you don't want to be prodded and poked yike* and even had 2 injections.
Mum then kidnaps her for a while, twice a day and when she returns her she has had medicine syringed down her throat and sometimes a bath. When all this happens i have Pippa squarking in my ears calling for Lily until she comes back. She then gives mum a good peck for taking her away!
Mum has been putting a stone hot water bottle (wrapped in an old tea towel) in our coop at night to keep us nice and toastie, which is much appreciated as it is very cold here at night and now i am getting on a bit i like my creature comforts.
We have been having lots of extra treats as we are under lock and key for a while yet.
I will sign off now as the dust bath, in a bowl in the run, is now free and i am going to have a good bathe.
Molly.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hello henpals, Dory Grey here )wav(

We hope all henpals are happy and healthy, in spite of the circumstances we all find ourselves in.

Our unfair and probably illegal incarceration continues. The days stretch endlessley ahead, broken only by the setting of the sun and the occasional visit from mum with treats. We stand wistfully at our favourite standing-about-lookout spot, but nothing ever, ever happens. Apart from when mum rocks up with the treats. An age of nothingness, stretching endlessly before us until - well, until bedtime really.

I have been whiling away the endles hours of nothingness by catching up on a bit of reading left behind on the ipad thingy by Casper. I am really into Samuel Becket, who my factual investigation tells me didn't write about chicken's lives at all but may as well have done as Waiting For Godot is a brilliant metaphorical representation of the futility of our lives while we are cruelly and unnecessarily imprisoned, as we all are at the moment.

Tiddly appears unaffected by our imprisonment, although she does whitter a lot about not being able to bang on the tiny door in the big door and get pies, and more importantly is still hatching endless plots for taking over the big house when we eventually gain our freedom. I have asked her to put her enthusiasm into hatching plots to get us out of our run, but so far she's been rubbish at it.

Chestnut has also been pretty useless to be honest as she's spent most of the time since we were locked in our run moulting, and when Chestnut moults she gets very miserable. Even I was able to bully her off treats, but unfortunaltely now she's fully feathered she's turned into a right pecky old bag again, as my old mucker Capt Major Remie used to say about The Ron. I know eactly what she meant.

Mum has moved into our run, and about flipping time too. Only for an hour or so a day but every little helps, especially as she usually brings loads of delicious treats with her. Yesterday she dug up all our run, which was brilliant as it was getting a bit ripe in there, and now we have fresh soil to dig and hunt for bugs and worms in. And she keeps giving us apples on a stick, and tomatoes on a stick, and bananas on a stick. I'm not sure what the thing with sticks is, perhaps she reckons things taste better when they are on sticks - like when mum had barbecues in summer and all their things were on sticks. Yesterday she hung up some green stuff in our run which was fun to play with and delicious too, even though it wasn't on a stick.

Sad news though - we hear from mum that Jasper is no longer with us. I have mixed feelings. I am sad of course, but also it means he won't be able to terrorise me all round the garden. Tiddly is happy because she doesn't have to do Jasperwatch all over the place, and can finally dedicate all her time to plot hatching (not that she used to Jasperwatch all that much!). It's all a bit moot though, as even Jasper wasn't allowed in our run so there wasn't anything to Jasperwatch.

Well, writing this post has broken up the monotony of the endless nothingness. IF ONLY TOMORROW WASN'T GOING TO BE EXACTLY THE SAME!!! )gr:

Over & out

Dory Grey
Wondering what it's all about...
Karen
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
I am posting tonight from the pink cube where mum popped me in on my own as she feels I need my space tonight. As you can see from the photo mum sent to our phone I have eaten a hearty supper of fishy cat food.Honestly henpals I am soooo hungry all the time but I am just not putting on weight which is why I feel so weak and feeble. Millie Ped has informed me I am a proud reminder of Capt Gabby and being very stoic, even when visiting Chris the vet who has given mum sticky meds to shove down my throat.It was a very sad visit, I went up with Candice but only I returned.
I hope you are all well henpals and I wish you all the best, especially in your current confinement
Corp Haze
Pink Ladies Division
Treats and freedom for all henpals
Down with Freda!
>ch<