It's nearly Frugal February time !

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

It's nearly Frugal February time !

Post by Richard »

As our longer serving Members will know, February is our spotlight on frugality whether it be for food, fuel, bills, petrol, loads of other things, even time, something we sometimes forget about!
It's the month that Christmas and cold weather takes it's toll !!

In a few days time, probably Tuesday, I'll be putting up a special Category for this where you can have your own diary of events, maybe have a personal target of savings or at least at the end, work out how much you have saved and can take forward through the year.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: It's nearly Frugal February time !

Post by mrs boodles »

)like(
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

)t' this time last year I paid off one of my mortgages and set up savings and so on for the rest of the year. The downside is that I got used to having some extra money to spend but now the monthly payments on the new car I bought in September have caught me out ... time to tighten the belt and get a plan into place
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Oh, I forgot about this and have already started by baking more, in fact I have already made apple pies from apples frozen from the previous house, made loads of chilli and frozen it this afternoon and am planning on getting a greenhouse to grow my own plants from seed again. I had a greenhouse years ago and remember the lovely feeling I got from seeing things grow through my own efforts.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I have made a start by using what I have in my store cupboard and freezer. I actually spent 17 pounds only on my shop last week. Never happened before and was amazed at what I actually had stored.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

You can of course say this is all preparation for a February blitz :-D :-D

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I might join in with this, although I don't have to be quite so Scrooge like as in the past. I still have to watch the pennies, because if I take my eye off the ball it's easy to slip back into old sloppy ways. I have already stopped buying big blocks of cheese as my addiction to it has resulted in extra inches on my waist and hips. Can't be doing with that. So now cheese has been relegated to the treats category. Small amounts occasionally.

Ilona
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , I have cut back on lots . Now the cats will be eating at someone elses house the dogs can go on a diet and the chickens can lay extra eggs for me..
Got to get my bikes up and running to pedal the 3 miles to work and 3 miles back.
Bob (Use my bus pass more )