Boodles frugal february

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Boodles frugal february

Post by mrs boodles »

Well I am going to give it a go. I am going to plan menus and stick to a shopping list, I do try to do this but have to admit to picking the odd thing up if I see something I fancy. If I can be up to the mark with that I will be saving on petrol as will only be using car once a week (have to drive to get to shops here)

Going to use up what is in freezer, might lead to some bizarre meals which could be interesting. Will be doing more baking.

Will try to cut down a bit on heating but I do have to keep my sitting room and bedroom reasonably warm because of dodgy lungs.

One thing I am trying to do is to stop buying books and use the library more. Really got my reading mo jo back so library cheap option.

One thing I need to do is get cash out weekly for housekeeping instead of using debit card. Too easy with card to rack up more than I need to spend.

Probably more I can do but will have to have a think.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Boodles frugal february

Post by Mo »

Two of the dance clubs I go to have a book exchange. One is just 'bring and take', the other is a charity 'bring & buy' - books and sometimes garden produce. Keeps me in my bedtime reading matter. I used to use the mobile library, but choice is limited and remembering to go into the village at the right time puts me off.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Mobile library comes here but haven't used it. Tend to go on line and reserve books Mo as the library is pretty small in local town and like yours has restricted hours. Would be nice to walk to a good well stocked library and have a browse like I used to in Sussex.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Had 4 no spend days. Had to get shopping today, was quite a good girl but could do better {rofwl} had a shopping list. Menu plan not going to work this week as Natalie will be at boyfriends for some nights but can't tell me which ones. She is also probably taking horses racing but that is not definate until declared day before.

Have to use car again tomorrow as need to take tess dog to vets but shouldn't have to drive anywhere again for rest of week.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Sounds quite good so far, Mrs B. )t'