Lively Laner

Re: Very Excited!!

Post by Bluefinch »

He is lovely and so gentle looking.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

We still don't know if we can have him yet {cry} The lady from the kennels where he's boarding came out yesterday for a home visit and hinted that all was OK and shouldn't be a problem but she has to report back to the lady who's rehoming him and it's finally her decision but she hasn't got back to me yet. I've emailed her but had no reply! I know I'm impatient but it's so frustrating when he needs a home and we want him. If we can't collect him this Friday then he'll have to be in those horrible kennels for another week }hairout{
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

How frustrating for you, Kath.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

what a hansome fella, sounds like you're smitten already, I hope it all works out for you >fi<
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

We finally got the OK about 8pm last night after we'd been waiting all day. I know they've got to do the checks but you think they'd be a bit more encouraging when they've found a willing home }hairout{
Anyway, he's only got one more night in those horrible kennels and we'll collect him as soon as possible in the morning. Can't wait )t'
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Congratulations Kath - don't they draw things out. You would think that the most important thing would be to get the dog in their forever home as soon as possible. They must of realised that you were genuine caring people - what a lot of red tape! Anyway, onwards and upwards - bet you can't wait until tomorrow. Have a lovely day with your new member of the family.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Really pleased everything is working out for you, tomorrow will soon be here. )t'
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Lucky dog, lucky you. )t'

Ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Hurray! Enjoy him Kath.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

so happy for you all )app( Now, what's his name? :-D
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

How is your new friend doing Kath?
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Well we've had 5 days with Toby now and he's been absolutely brilliant )c( He's settled in so well he's a model dog, not sure I expect that to last once he starts to come out of himself but he's such a pleasure to have around and he does the funniest things. He loves to have his tummy tickled and lies on his back in his basket with his legs in the air. Never hear a peep from him during the night even the first night he was with us, just got in his basket and curled up. I was off with him on Monday but back to work yesterday so I was a bit worried about him being on his own for a few hours but he was fine. So excited when I came in, running around like a mad dog and then flaked out. He does seem to sleep a lot but seems very content )t' We absolutely love him to bits already and couldn't imagine not having him now. I'll download some more pictures tonight (got loads!!) and post some as soon as I can.
Kath xx

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

That's great news. So glad that he is settling in well. Looking forward to seeing your photo's. )like(
wendy

Post by wendy »

KathJ wrote:We finally got the OK about 8pm last night after we'd been waiting all day. I know they've got to do the checks but you think they'd be a bit more encouraging when they've found a willing home }hairout{
Anyway, he's only got one more night in those horrible kennels and we'll collect him as soon as possible in the morning. Can't wait )t'

I know it is awful isn't it. NAWT where I volunteer you have to wait 4 weeks sometimes. I get frustrated, so I am sure new owners do.
Apart from a home check, you also have to visit the animal, including rabbit or guinea pig, at least 3 times and then have a behavioural interview.
I am so glad he is now at home and you all love him.
What a lucky little lad he is, as I am sure you all are too.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning