Screaming audiences

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Screaming audiences

Post by albertajune »

It seems that every TV program that has a live audience has become so noisy. I do understand that people want to show their appreciation but the screaming, whooping and whistling seems to be something that is getting progressively worse. I sit here with the remote control pressing the button to shut them up by turning down the sound and then to turn it back up again.

It really spoils it for me and wonder how much of it is down to the program producers. I remember when I occasionally went to concerts that were being recorded, a person used to face the audience with a large board which said applaud or even laugh. It either still happens or the British psychi has changed for the worse. Hate it !!!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Re: Screaming audiences

Post by p.penn »

Do you remember the Beatles concerts June? There was screaming and complete hysteria!! Really funny to look back on
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

A lot of things are loud nowadays, aren't they. The volume when people speak on programmes, it all seems so rude.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

p.penn wrote:Do you remember the Beatles concerts June? There was screaming and complete hysteria!! Really funny to look back on

Yes I do remember when lots of hysterical girls screamed for their idols. That was besotted youth, and must admit that I was one. I watched loose women yesterday and every time someone walked on the audience screamed. These were mostly middle aged men and women so I just couldn't understand why as there was no one special on.
wendy

Post by wendy »

It is imported from the USA, sadly.
They behave as every act/person is the best thing since sliced Bread. Standing up whooping and screaming..............terrible and FALSE !
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

wendy wrote:It is imported from the USA, sadly.
They behave as every act/person is the best thing since sliced Bread. Standing up whooping and screaming..............terrible and FALSE !

Glad I'm not the only one
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I agree Wendy, talent shows where the audience applaud at anyone singing a high or long note.

Isn't that what singers are supposed to do !!!

Very USA.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

albertajune wrote:I remember when I occasionally went to concerts that were being recorded, a person used to face the audience with a large board which said applaud or even laugh. It either still happens or the British psychi has changed for the worse. Hate it !!!

It was not just concerts, I went to see Morecambe and Wise make one of their Christmas shows and we were told to clap or laugh when the overhead screens showed the word "clap" or "laugh" (strangely that!) or when the person at the front help up a sign saying "clap" or "laugh", it was all staged even the guest stars were not in attendance you watched them appear on a TV monitor and at the end the screen showed the word "clap" so you did!!!
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I went to Manchester TV studios a couple of years ago, I was in the audience of a quiz programme being recorded. We had to have a practice cheering, applauding, and shouting session before the programme started. It was recorded, they slotted these scenes into the programme as and when they thought appropriate. They still encouraged us to cheer all the way through though. I put on a false smile and did pretend claps. It was so boring, I wanted to walk out about half way through. Nobody could leave though, you have to sit there till the end.

We did a lot of clapping and cheering at the filming of the finals at Shed of the Year. I feel that this wasn't excessive, and added to the tension of waiting for the results.

Yes, there is far too much of it, I suppose it's meant to add excitement to an ordinary mundane programme. The TV companies are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now and are struggling to find ideas interesting enough which will be enjoyed by the public without all the sound effects. Thank goodness I don't have a telly and don't pay the licence fee.

Ilona
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Even if they were told to, they wouldn't clap if I got up and sung.

:-D :-D :-D

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Well even if they did you wouldn't know if they clapped because you sung or because you'd stopped.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

you don't get a problem with screaming audiences on BBC4
Bah Humbug