Good day in the kitchen

Recipes, Cooking tips and maybe some 'Home Made' secrets !
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Good day in the kitchen

Post by albertajune »

It's amazing how the sun gets me motivated. This morning I made a lovely crusty white loaf and a tear and share cheese loaf.
This afternoon I thought I had better do something with a ripe pineapple, too much for me to eat before it got too ripe. I chopped it up very small with a couple of granny smith apples, 3 chillies, a few sultanas and a tsp of 5 spice powder. I used white vinegar and a little half spoon sugar to taste and after cooking as normal for chutney, ended up with a delicious tangy chutney that will go lovely with cheese and ham.

Things always turn out better for me when I just throw it all in.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
manda

Re: Good day in the kitchen

Post by manda »

Sounds fabulous June....I'm not eating much in the way of bread at the moment (trying to sort my weight out and carbs just love me so much they don't want to leave!!)....but I love hearing about it {rofwl}

The chutney sounds yummy
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I have must say that I love different breads but like you Manda have to restict how much I eat. That's why when I bake i have give half away. I usually bake when bored but yesterday I needed too. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I love bread too, your share and tear one sounds yummy!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I did my gym session yesterday lunchtime so that I could prep some dinners for the coming days. Mrs Spoon went out with a friend to see some black and white film (something grey anyway) so I cooked baked spuds for me and the Spoonettes for our tea. At the same time I made a batch of left over veg and pea soup and two cottage pies, one for tonight and one for Sunday. The soup is now in the freezer in two litre pots and will be used for Saturday night meals when away in the caravan.

The mince in the cottage pie is about three quarters vegetables as well, grated turnip, grated celariac, onions, grated carrot and loads of sliced mushrooms.
Bah Humbug
fred
Learner Laner

Post by fred »

Wow. Interesting.!!