dogs need looking after .

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

dogs need looking after .

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi all . As I will be going on holiday for 3 weeks approx. in Oct / Nov and want to make sure they get well looked after . Putting them in kennels is a option but would prefer that they where loved and had the personnel touch . two staff and a mastiff cross.
Now my offer to anyone is look and love my dogs whilst I am away , I would drop off and collect as well.
Pay obviously for the service .
A opportunity for some body to get some cash and company as well. Loving pets and a very old lady takes them out so quite manageable . House trained (to much some might say.)
It is a thought and would rather have them looked after by someone I know would give them the attention they deserve.
Bob
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: dogs need looking after .

Post by kitla »

Bob, cant help you myself, but last year I was desperately looking for somewhere to take Mojo due to a short notice holiday. There are lots of places that board dogs in there homes usually after doing a trial day/night, it's just finding them! I was given a name by the local petshop, they gave me several other names & eventually I found an amazing lady who's a dog trainer/groomer too & the dogs have a paddling pool & sandpit in the garden! I also came across agencies online who match you to sitters in your area.
good luck finding somewhere!
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
wendy

Post by wendy »

Just want to say if you find a kind, trustworthy house sitter, they are worth their weight in gold.

We have had Nora for about 12 years, at least twice a year and weekends in between. The dogs love her and my house is immaculate when we get home.
I hope you find someone, it is so much better for the dogs.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Blimey , if my house was tidy I would go on holiday every week....
I was going to leave them at someone else`s place rather than have to go back and forth.
A rough guess that to home them will be 750-1000 pounds .
Will be paying what it is but as said rather give to some one that would appreciate it more .
Bob
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well leaving in someone's home is better than kennels.
)t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Where abouts are you Bob?
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Essex (Dartford tunnel) . But a day trip weekend before and after is not a problem for me.
Bob
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Post by Grannyof4 »

What I do is what you are looking for but unfortunately I am away in October myself and then a dog in soon after I get back.