Cages World Chicken Coop

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Cages World Chicken Coop

Post by Cheshire Chick »

I have been looking into purchasing a new coop and therefore have been doing a bit of research. I want one that is similar to the one I have now. This is a coop with built in run that goes inside my chicken run. I have found that this works really well for me as I can leave the sliding door to the upstairs nesting box open all the time so that the girls can come and go when they want (especially when they get up early in the morning, they can come down for breakfast before I get up if they want to). I like the security of it and I have found a similar coop that looks like it would do the job perfectly. My question is, has anyone bought a coop or had dealing with "Cages World"? The coop I have seen is a Lazy Bones Medium Flat Roof 7ft coop. The reviews seem pretty mixed so I wondered if anyone had had any first hand experience with this company. Thank you.

lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Cages World Chicken Coop

Post by lancashire lass »

A lot of the flat pack coops are of a similar standard - they are usually fairly easy to put together but there might be some questionable quality ... as the reviews suggest the fittings might be a bit flimsy. However, as you intend to have the run/coop inside a main run, I can't see that being an issue. The other issue was delivery although some reviews were happy ... to be fair to a seller, the courier may have let them down. If it was me, I think I might use Cages World if I needed to look for another coop.

Will the main run be covered to keep the rain out? I have a similar set up with a coop and mini run built inside a main run, and to be fair the coop is protected from the weather so is still in excellent condition even though I had my doubts it would when I first got it.

The other thing I did was treat the coop by sealing any cracks and knot holes with filler and then gloss painted over the inside so that it reduced the risk of mite infestation, as well as fence painted the outside to prevent possible warping. The only problem I have with your choice is that it doesn't mention what sort of roof it has (is it felt?) where risk of mite infestation is raised.
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Thank you very much LL for your reply. The coop will be in my run which is covered (and we will be overhauling all this and replacing run roof). I think it does have felt on roof, but mine does now and we have covered this over with a strong tarpaulin type material (which has worked very well and kept everything dry). We will have the option to do this again with new coop. Like you say, the flat pack coops seem pretty standard and I will have the extra security of it being in an enclosed/roofed run. I like the look of this one so think I will go for it. Thanks again for your comments, it's good to get other people's opinions.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

They look well built.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Thanks Richard.