Poldark

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
saint-spoon

Poldark

Post by saint-spoon »

I have recently embarked on a quest to read the books; we both enjoyed the two series of the remake of the dramatization of the books so I thought that I’d give it a go. I must say they are fantastic (although you have to get past book 4 before you are into a storyline that hasn’t been turned into a telly series). Very well written and compelling to read.
Bah Humbug
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Poldark

Post by albertajune »

Although I am an avid reader, I have never read the Poldark books. Loved the series when it was on, especially the first one which was years ago. How many books are there? Glad you are enjoying them. )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

For those who are REALLY keen why not spend a week learning the dances that were featured. The tutor also worked on the BBC Jane Austin ball recreation.
It should be quite energetic, the ballet students who were learning them for that programme found them hard.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

albertajune wrote: How many books are there? Glad you are enjoying them. )t'

there are twelve all in all ( I think), the first 4 were written in the '40s and '50s I think and that is as far as the original series goes. He then he wrote the others after the success of the original televised series. I am on book 6 at the moment.
Bah Humbug
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

aarrrggghhhh }hairout{ just watched the last episode and virgin cut it off ten minutes before the end yike* this sooooo bugs me, I taped the programme some athletics were on for quite awhile at the beginning of the programme so why didn't virgin just tape the darn programme!!!!!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

sandy wrote:aarrrggghhhh }hairout{ just watched the last episode and virgin cut it off ten minutes before the end yike* this sooooo bugs me, I taped the programme some athletics were on for quite awhile at the beginning of the programme so why didn't virgin just tape the darn programme!!!!!

yes we recorded it as well. ended up watching it on catchup (red button) which will still be good up until Sunday 20th
Bah Humbug
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Our electricity went off before the final episode of Poldark. Most annoying. It did not return until the early hours, so we watched it on iplayer.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

AA thanks, such a dummy forgot about that, hmmm well only missed 5 minutes but had to be seen!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/