Dreaded 'Queens' Cough!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Dreaded 'Queens' Cough!

Post by KathJ »

I've been off sick this week with this dreaded Queens cough which has really knocked me off my feet. I'm never Ill and can't remember the last time I look time off work but this has really knocked me for six! It started to come on last Friday and I got through the weekend but by Monday morning when I got up for work I couldn't stop shivering and shaking so I phoned in sick and went back to bed. Today is the first day I haven't ached and am starting to feel a bit more normal although I've still got no energy. I hate being ill {cry}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Dreaded 'Queens' Cough!

Post by Richard »

Are you better Kath ?

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I missed this at the time. Sorry you've been so poorly, Kath. Hope you're feeling better.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Oh dear Kath. I too missed your post. Hope the cough has gone, but I have never hears of a "Queen's" cough before, what is it, please.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I also missed this, hope your feeling better now.

Spreckly, the Queen had a bad cough earlier this year and she had to cancel some of her engagements.
wendy

Post by wendy »

I had it too, about 4 weeks ago and the wretched cough is still getting me.
Hope you are feeling a bit better
{hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

me too - about 2 months ago, then on top of that I also had a bout of flu which knocked me off my feet. Touch wood, the cough has gone - it didn't land on my chest but now and again I'd find myself having an unstoppable coughing bout.

I can highly recommend one of the main supermarket's Mentholated Bronchial Balsam cough mixture for easing it. I was with a colleague giving him a lift home from work and after walking to the car, I started to cough and couldn't stop. I had a swig of the cough mixture and almost immediately it eased off - my colleague was well impressed with how quickly it worked LOL

Hope everyone feels better soon {hug}
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

There are so many people who have had this cough/cold/virus thing including me! Mine has just about gone after nearly 6 weeks.Whatever it was it really knocked you off your feet for a while, my neighbour had it for most of the winter in varying degrees. Luckily hubby got away with a sore throat & runny nose for a few days.Hope everyone is feeling better.
Bluefinch
Lively Laner

Post by Bluefinch »

I had this too a few weeks ago. Really floored me for about a week - even spent one day in bed - never heard of before! Now I just have the cough. Had been wondering if it was an allergic reaction to something but seeing that you all seem to have the cough going on and on, perhaps not.