Goodbye Poppy!!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Goodbye Poppy!!

Post by KathJ »

We lost our beautiful Poppy on Monday night {cry} She'd been up and down for a couple of weeks now but kept bouncing back but she went down hill last weekend. We were going to take her to the vets on Tuesday but when we put them in on Monday night she wasn't good so fetched her into the house and she went in her sleep. So sad but better than a stressful trip to the vets for her. The run seems so empty now with just three girls left. She was such a lively, busy little bee. She'll be really missed {cry}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx

Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Re: Goodbye Poppy!!

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So sorry to hear this. This chicken keeping lark can be so heart breaking. I know it's no consolation, but what a peaceful way to go.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Kath, I'm so sorry to hear you lost Poppy. What a lucky girl she was finding you. I know she'll leave a big hole, but I hope you can fill it with the happy memories you will have of her {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , they should live for ever .but life does get in the way . sorry to hear , but memories will always be with you .
Bob
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Sorry to read about Poppy, Linda. They leave such a big hole.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Leave her details on the Rainbow bridge bit as a memory and something to remember her in times to come.
Bob