Coop recommendations please!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Clare
Lively Laner

Coop recommendations please!

Post by Clare »

Hi! I am returning to ex bat keeping and have ordered an aviary run. I would like a chicken coop which looks like this which is suitable for 3-5 hens.
I had one the same as this previously and it was good but I'm not sure who I bought it off.
Amazon and eBay are full of things which have very mixed reviews
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00AWU ... t+imperial" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This company, Pet Imperial, seem to have their roofs felted which I'm dubious about due to red mite. I know they'll come regardless but doesn't felt make it more difficult to get rid?

Any links to housing similar to this by trusted companies would be much appreciated!!
Thanks

Mad Chick

Re: Coop recommendations please!

Post by Mad Chick »

Ahhhh, pleased you are returning {hug}

We had an awful time with wooden coops. They seemed to be permanently infested with red mite and just seemed to warp and rot so quickly. We bought a plastic coop in the end and it was so much easier to keep clean and no red mite :-D We had it for several years before giving up on chicken keeping and still looked as good as the day we bought it.

Not the prettiest of things but I was so impressed...

www.solwayrecycling.co.uk/farmers-and-s ... try-houses
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Leabaker
Learner Laner

Post by Leabaker »

Hi Clare
I can recommend Arcus hen houses. I have had one for 2 years without any problems.
They are made from recycled tyres ( I think)
Delivery was quick and was easy to install and clean.
Good luck
Lea
Bluefinch
Lively Laner

Post by Bluefinch »

I can see the practicality of plastic houses. Will certainly look into it if I have to replace mine. Mine is wood and no problems with red mites so far. Hope you find a suitable one soon.