The Henpals Diary

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
kitla
Legendary Laner

Re: The Henpals Diary

Post by kitla »

)j; Well hellooo, Bill here from Chickenopolous. I need to tell everyone, I have 2 new ladies!!!!! :-D >ch< +f+ Lady Daisy whome is a very good tempered lady - here she is having a lie down after her busy day listenning to me singing
and lady (if you can call her that) Poppy......she is a demon! a warrior princess! Yes that's it, she must come from that Amazon place where the ladies rule. Look what she did to my face, all those scabs, I think she has teeth!
I will not allow it, she will become a lady of the flock! Miss Poppy Zena of Chickenopolous. Tell her girls! (and tell her to stop beating me up)
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi , I think you need advice on wooing . Parker my gentleman , Desmond the brute , Champ can show you some moves and Lav on rest duties (show you how to recover)
Wait till she is in the dust bath and show whose boss.
Desmond , Champ , Parker and Lav .
Ps Keep crowing about it .
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Woo Woo Woo
Hello fellow Wooers I have big news(if you havent read it on your mummie's daddie's diaries already)We have a fifth woo in our henpal Woo gang. She is named Rita, my mum has put pictures on her diary, so feel free, well it is our right what with a lot of underhand tactics that go on with our parents, to take a look. What is so strange is I knew her before because we shared the same tiny run in the farm we were born in. Then of course we were just hens, no names,no love and no treats, so it is rather nice to have one of my (probably real) sisters living just nextdoor. Like me she had bad breathing caused by a virus and also like me she went up vets(sorry up the vets, me and the Honeybun make sure we always watch the Yorkshire Vet on catch up) and had those nasty big tablets shoved down her throat. I did reassure her the indignity would be worth it as I became tons better which if course she has but now I have the indignity of having my lovely eggies being given to Rita's daddy whie he cannot eat Ritas.
Our Audders has been broody(read that as total idleness) for ages and so me and the top hen have been very firm friends, we have been doing everything together without hardly any pecks at all, not counting when we had an all out tug of war with a very long very slimy and very tough skinned worm that mum took off of us. Now Audders is back she has been palling up with the top hen(in the words of Capt Gwen of all Hens being a brown noser, although she is extremely clean all over >coc< ) and I am left to do my own thing, hence I have persuaded Honeybun to let me be her permanent wing girl in a ploy to write to my fellow wooers.
Wiggy of all Woos I was at first rather concerned to the photo of you in a cage until I noticed all that lovely green grass you had. Never forget you may be a flock of one but you have a sidekick connection to Dory,Bobwoo,myself and Rita, we will transfer our vibes through our magnificient combs of course although myself and Rita are a long way off having your stupendous wiggy comb.
Lots of woo ness to all woos
Fay Wray Gray Woo
All hail the Wigster Wiggy Woosworth of all Woos
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpal )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
I am beginning to worry about Fay, she has just done some post that anyone who is not like her cannot read or we will get bad vibes( dont think I beleive her but I am playing safe)and is sat on the cotton reel making a woo woo sound!
Anyhow, phew Bill, oh Bill >ch< come on Blackie,Desmond,Lav et all we want more pin ups! but back to Bill , I have a plan, make a big hole in Click or is it Clack, pop the Poppy in there and when your mum and my mum see one another again I will take Poppy's place and your mum will take me home to live with you .ang. I just have to work out how I can sneak out of my house and in what disguise, but I think it has potential, perhaps Tiddly could sort out a strategy?
We have a lot of new neighbours including the two who resemble Mystical Silkiebabe, they are tiny but not as noisy and diva ish as out little ones. Audders, Fay and I have called our divas the Bonzai Banshees, they are in and out of their bedrooms, mainly in, make a lot of noise and Lottie is always attacking our mum, so ungrateful! I am very pelased to say Audders is not making the silly noises she did before and has come out to play now although why she has not returned to sleeping with Fay on the perch I dont know, so still not got my bed to myself!
Pippa,Dory.Hamble all henpals looking forward to your news, Pippa you may need to talk tactics to prevent you being locked in again when having wormy food, what a cheek.
Signing out for now henpals but may I just end with our total sadness of he lost Ped Girls, we may have called them chavs, laughed at them, shouted at them but they will be forever in our hearts….and we must think ourselves so lucky to be here after that night
Forever free in those lucious fields of grass, weeds, worms and insects….
Nite nite Callisto(Duckhouse Cal),Susie,Nerys,Fern,Hannah & Alice (Hanice( {hug&kiss}
Honeybun & The Pink Ladies

xxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

This is the latest from the flock of Penelope and red , ( not that I got to know them ) .
I Desmond Decker have had a wonderful plan to get my own back on not being let out at the crack of dawn . I make so much noise that my owner RUNS out of his coop and takes me in his coop for a lap sitting session for at least 1 hour every morning , I told Champ via his girl friend and he started joining in and sat with on the other leg . Only it backfired , He now RUNS out before I start so I do not see the sun rise and set the day off . We are all happy out in the garden , but a brown bearing thing has been seen in the garden and out past the metal barrier and alerts are out for danger . good job we have 4 handsome brave boys and a not sure of henock to protect our lovely girls. Full time job with the fussy hens and furry creatures . Big and small.
Well a few pictures may come by soon .
Desmond and the boys , Penelope and Red , gone but never will be forgotten as treats will always be wanted .
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
Well hellloooo Desmond +f+
Des ( may I call you that?) we all make a huge racket at around 5.00 am especially the screeching Bonzai Banshees. I think you need to come and live with us and you can yell all you like( but best not tell our mum) though I would love to have you upset the neighbours. That isn't the Ped neighbours thats the not very nice lady who lives nextdoor and next door up who have hennies which we have never seen. We are not happy with them as our mum came back with ripped clothes and more of an awlful hairstyle than usual when she pushed her way through lots of brambles and bushes when she thought their hennies were being attacked. It turns out they had been having a nasty fight having new girls out in with older girls without any seperation but you would have thought they would have at least sent a thankyou card!
Anyway I reckon Des you would wake up those muggles more early than they would want and that would be a good thing!
A good thing for The Peds(but not for us as we have no access) is their daddy bought them a big bag of pellets(yes I know , I am coming to the good thing) and a big bag of corn and mixed it together >ck< Mum said something which I cannot write on our diary without a moderator censoring us!
Audders has stopped being lazy which is a good thing as she needs some exercise as she is so HUGE, I want her to slim down before she cottons on she is twice my size and could try for the elitist job of THAA.
I am getting a bit worried about Fay's comb it is going a bit wild, very scruffy looking!
We are all egging , we surprised mum by all doing an egg each, of which mine didn;t break for once.
I am very worried that mum has started kissing the others when that was always my special treat! Well it isn't really a treat as I am not overly keen on being touched but it does give me a better chance of getting a nice mouthful of hair.
Mum is so funny, she is always pleased to see me but this morning she yelled, she went to put on her gloves and there I was, sat atop the cube half hidden by the box mum keeps for rat removal.
Well I must stop now as Audders is so BIG (have I told you that?) so there is not a lot of room in our bedroom, why on earth she dosen't return to sleeping with Fay outside I have no idea, maybe she just likes to be close to her leader?
Night night henpals
dont let the red mite bite!
Honeybun (back to a Pinkerton as no one bar Wiggy has a ranking anymore)Pinkerton
The Pink Ladies
>ch<

KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere >ch<

First off, doan anyone listen to that there flippin Dory Grey oo spends all her time wooin roun the gardin followin mum everywere an gettin special treats wot me and Chestnut doan get! That is rong an illegal! Dory Grey sez we ave to treat er all special like cos she is one of the Sisters of Woo, wotever that flippin well is, and as now decided she can't lay er eggs wiv normal ole henpals like us an insted as gone off an built erself a new cosy snuggly nest in the middle of the massive fern in ar garden. Silly girl thinks she is all hinvisible in there, but she chuckles so much all the fern leaves wobble everywhere! I doan think we need fear these Sisters of Woo if they is all as bright as Dory Grey!

On a sadder note, we is all sending ar comiserations an enpal ugs to the Flock of Penny an Red on the sad loss of Nuisance and Lav {hug} . We is all especially guttid about losing ar lovely enpal unk, oo to be onest was always ar favourite henpal unk apart from Bill oo is also ar favourite, even if e as gone all bolshy wiv is mum. We thoroughly approve of all bolshieness.

We think that the peds ave done a marvillis job of gettin their daddy to mix corn in wiv pellets, so I am now gonna put all my considerable brains an cunnin into a plot to get ar mum to do the same. It will of course be a foolproof plan, an might involve kidnappin Dory Grey, oo as sed she will be quite happy to hide in her fern for weeks an weeks an weeks till mum coughs up. I will get to writin the ransom note straight away!

Hope all enpals is appy an elfy

Tiddly Widdly, Dory Grey an Chestnut
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Captain Chaos here . New secret member of the P and R F.
Well having come a cross a no bear with greater super powers and coming off worse , rear end and neck holed , I am in secret reside in the famous no bear cave in the house of many treats . This morning I made my presents known to those beyond the barriers . Chaos is about to hit . I am a boy with distinct dress code . No neck feathers and none covering my rear . Wondering if my tackle is still intact . I will be going back visiting the lovely lady that is healing my force in 7 days . My story is secret and not telling anyone .
Captain Chaos , future nightmare to all can hear me .
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Desmond hear bring it on baldy , The girls are mine .
Desmond the real superboy of Penelope and Red Flock . (PS stop eating my treats )
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Captain Chaos here , I found my voice and cannot wait to introduce myself to the pretty girls and show off my battle scares .have been checking my under carriage and nothing seems missing . My looks are something to catch the girls eyes for sure . That little boy seems full of himself , showing off his feathers on his neck , Champ my right claw . I am saving some of my food in my private quarters for the girls , they seem interested in meeting me. explored the open space but not allowed entry to meeting hall of the flock. I hope I have caused a stir and soon I will show them my dance moves which I am practising . I am going to enjoy myself here .
there is a gal that has a eye out for me another said she is Cuddles and thinks I am wonderful .Hope she lives up to her name . I sleep in the big coop with some frightening creatures that give nightmares .They have not hurt me like the last encounter but not going to give them a chance . I think I would look good in the calendar ,month of June the second life I have . Must say thank you to the kind persons that helped me survive , especially the man how took me to the white coated lady . I liked to say hello to her again soon . My photo is being shown everywhere so must be handsome fella .
I am the one in charge of chaos . You have not seen anything yet , I have more plans afoot to keep the neighbourhood busy for sure .
Captain Chaos future leader of the flock .
Do not tell Desmond as he does not know yet.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Hello Henpals )wav(
Hello Boys +f+
I hope you are all well. We are so pleased to read the sparring posts between Capt Chaos and Desmond but so sad about the loss of Parker.
I am feeling very special, my mummy told me she loved all the other girls, even the Peds(why?) but I am her very special girl and she loves me the absolutely best! Audrey over heard this and in her wisdom, which I am not sure she has that much, reckons it is because I am a bit poorly. I have to say I have been having to breathe through my mouth quite a lot and have an annoyance in my throat that has rendered me speechless. Fay says I will probably get a trip up the vets, she says it will be a dreadful experience being put in a box , sitting in a room full of big barking dogs and then being prodded and poked about. The funny thing is , is that Ivy,Jennifer and Miriam are all making gurgly sounds and sneezing a lot too. Audrey reckons I should go and live with the Peds incase I have got some nasty disease they may catch. She really is taking a liberty with a top hen saying that!
We have been having a lot of lovely courgettes and the excellent news is when mum took Lottie up the house she went past the glass house and espied CORN growing in there.
Right I am going to get some much needed sleep and hope I feel better in the morning
Nite nite henpals
Honeybun Pinkerton
The Pink Ladies
Top Hen

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Woo Woo Woo
Hiya The Wiggy of Woosworth,Bobbie Woo and Dory )wav( Image
News from the Woo Clan front here is fellow Woo Rita has been coming into our house , we have not been able to communicate with one another as mum dosent put her down, she takes her into the office and slathers gooey stuff on her feet. I thought Rita was talking in some weird sort of code, which was a Woo code and I would have to learn, she makes really funny noises all the time but I have been put straight by Dottie who tells me it is a broody noise. This is very strange as Rita dosent do what Audrey,Lottie and Dottie do when they are broody, like be totally idle, she still runs about in the run? She is causing mum some annoyance at the moment as she attempts to sleep on the chair at night so mum has to pick her up and put her to bed. I would like Rita to come an live with us but mum says she is a Ped and her daddy counts his chickens!
Hoping to hear from fellow Wooers…..
Fay Wray Gray Woo
of the Pink Ladies division of the Woo Clan
All hail Wiggy Woosworth

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Captain Chaos , reporting , Last night like the night before , The human house door was open and I ran insde ,. My dog home now mine was open and I wandered into to sleep . Blow me down Cuddles was in my spot. I squeezed my way on to the crate which was mine She pushed me off and had to go behind.
I got my own back this morning and woke her up and said I want out.
Having my work cut out with the head boy , does not share his flock at all. I mean 36 girls and not sharing them .
I like the big hens best but they do not like me. Have had a suggestion by SHMBO to have sock round my neck as armour . Not sure I like that idea much .
Well racing around the garden getting no where fast.
Desmond cannot be everywhere but them girls let him know where I am .
More later for sure .
Captain Chaos , escapee from the bridge of no return.
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Ello enpals, Tiddly Widdly ere >eas1<

First off, we are sendin ar enpal comiserashuns to the flok of penny an red on the sad loss of Cuddles, oo today will be completin er journey across the rainbow bridge. Oo can resist the lure of the land at the end of the bridge, where all ar lost enpals are waitin for us to rejoin their ranks. Cuddles will again be wiv Parker an Lav, an not fergetin of course Red and Penelope. Cuddles as fought the good fight bravely an wiv onner an courage, an we salute er an will miss er {hug}

Welcome to Capt Chaos +f+ We likes a bit of chaos. In fact it is my motto.

I myself an me have been a bit under the wevver lately an I would love to claim it was part of my cunnin master plan to take posseshun of the big ouse but it wasn. But nevver look a gift orse in the mouf is my motto, an wen mum picked me up and carried me hinside through the big door I wasn about to say gerrof an put me down now was I? An I aven even ad to kidnap Dory Grey or noffin!

So there I was, in the big ouse an all cosy like on the couch on mum's knees, nibblin treats and watchin telly in the warm an dry. Bliss! All enpals shud live in right big cosy ouses wiv treats on tap an mum's legs providin underclaw heatin an everyfing.

I fought I was quids in forever like, an I would ave been an all I reckon, if I aden done a right big stinky yukky poo all over mum's posh squishy seats. I was hevicted pronto {cry}

I am gonner check this all out in the chiken manifesto as I am sure that it sez it is against the lore to hevict enpals from cosy snuggly big ouses especially wen they is sick. The fact that I is feelin a bit better today is neither ere nor there! )gr:

Advice plees from all other enpals especially the clever ones oo ave plans an tactiks for ow I can regain entry into the big ouse, and take up perminiont resydence this time

Tiddly Widdly
Providin strong an stable leedership for years an years now
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Captain Chaos here, I have been donning my cloak and now can roost anywhere (as long as Desmond is not looking ) I want. I still am the phantom of the bushes .
Since I have been in my new residence a few of the beautiful girls have gone missing. Goldie has been having private chirping with the two leg kidnapper. Hope she is bargaining for more mealworms .
You would think between 3 and bit boys 36 hens there would be a few left for me. Desmond is as greedy with the hens as he is with the food.
I think he is not all the ticket as pals up with Goldie 2 .
ghost she tells me is not been well , says it is hen trouble and feels better .
Dirt bathing is very well used and the queues fot the popular one is very long . Made a couple for the hens under the bushes not many takers .
Pom Pom mentioned that only two friend s are sitting on the nests , Moe and a woo what ever that is .
Talk about my bare neck has spread and the hens are now pulling feathers out from their necks to impress me , poppet said she is not joining in as it hurts.
Champ is missing his small buddies and calls for them all day long. Food is abundant and I am getting larger ,portly even. Must be the good life I am having .
If anybody hears of a girl like me around , I would love to meet up and chat about a future .
Well back to the bushes and pist at the hens to come and chat .
Captain Chaos , wanting to meet another Penelope or red or even Cuddles .