What would kill a rabbitt?

All free living creatures around our Homes & Gardens - enjoying helping them helping us
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

What would kill a rabbitt?

Post by KathJ »

In the past couple of weeks we've found two dead rabbits in the garden. The first one was just dead but perfectly intact. According to OH (as I wouldn't go near yike*, it was right under the outside tap when I went to change the girls water and gave me right shock!! ) the second one had had its ears taken off and the face 'pawed' at. We thought if it had been a fox it would have taken them away to feed any young. There are a couple of cats around who we think have left us dead mice and a couple of rats in the past (or so we thought) do you think they'd be able to kill rabbits though?
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Re: What would kill a rabbitt?

Post by HedgeHugger »

Rats would have a chew, Cats could. Escaped ferret, any wild mustelid.
Birds'll have a peck.
Natural causes, then any of the above?

Birds of prey?
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

not a fox take its head off , more likely a cat leaving a present for you and anything else would help self to it.
Bob
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

I agree, or possible poisoning by something - or someone.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome