My beautiful Ruby aka Boo

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Linda S
Legendary Laner

My beautiful Ruby aka Boo

Post by Linda S »

Several months ago our rottweiler Ruby had a growth on one of her back toes which was removed and she heald up nicely with no lasting problems so we were obviously very relived.
Then one day whilst playing with her best friend our 2 yr old grandson she yelped or as Ethan said nana Boo squeaked . We checked her and found a lump in her mouth down the right hand side we thought she maybe had bitten her cheek like we sometimes do.
It was bank holiday so booked vet as soon as possible she also was getting a bit stiff so was planning a visit anyway.
It wasn't the news we wanted it is a tumour .and surgery is not very successful it isn't anything to do with her toe and she had xrays before the op something to do with it going to her lungsl while luckily it hadnt
One of the nurses said in the 10 rs she has worked at the practice only 2 ops have been done and both grew back with a vengance in a short time so we are treating her metacam.
Ruby was 9 yrsold in april ando otherwise we'll she has the biggest gorgeous brown eyes and is so loving and gentle and the waggiest tail its never still unless she is asleep and I can't get used to the idea of her maybe not being given here much longer.
At the minute she is keeping her weight normal she is a big rottweiler but not fat and the vets are pleased with her and seeing her every three weeks or so unless we need to take her in before then.
One of Ethan and Boo's favourite games is Ethan will roll his football down his slide while she jumps about like something not right and then starts to play football with it. She has played football all her life she noses it and kicks it under her with her paws but enjoys it so much more with her boy, he then comes down the slide and gets the ball and does it again :-D .
While she is enjoying life we are making the most of while she is here she is loved and treasured so much {hug&kiss}
Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: My beautiful Ruby aka Boo

Post by Mo »

They leave a gap when they go
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
wendy

Post by wendy »

Aww they give you such love and yet can break your heart.
She is loving her life, at the moment, and that is lovely.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

How I feel for your you. Our pets are such a huge part of our lives that the thought of one going is so hard to think about. I'm sure your lovely girl is loving her life with you and you are doing the absolute right thing by her. {hug}
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Hi Linda S, I have been wondering if all was well as you had not posted about your dog Boo on here. Glad to hear she is holding her own at present especially weight wise and it sounds as she is still enjoying life. Enjoyed the description of her waiting for the football to come down the slide conjures up some wonderful images.

Is she on any medication at all (apart from all the tlc of course)?

Hope all continues well and you make many more good memories to recall in the future.

Take care {hug}
"Not all those who wander are lost"
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Sorry to hear about Boo Linda. She sounds like a lovely happy dog and I hope she continues to have a wonderful quality of life with you and Ethan
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

Hope Boo continues to have a lovely quality of life. We do have to "be in the moment" with our animals and enjoy them as much as we can. Losing them is devastating, we lost our dogs 10 years ago and I don't think we will ever get over them, BUT we wouldn't have been without them for the world (or our other animals, cats, chickens, rabbits). Hope all goes well and you continue to make some precious happy memories.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Thankyou all for your good wishes you are all genuinely concerned for each other and our pets so thankyou again {hug} .
Trev ourl Rube's is on metacam and as you said loads of tlc.
It does look to have grow but we don't try to open her mouth as it isn't comfortable for her so we have to try to see it if see is panting!.
Back to the vet on Monday and she is seeing Rachel who removed her toe several months ago , and I will let you know what she says. )t' .
Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
wendy

Post by wendy »

{hug} {hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Linda I am so sorry I have just seen your post,you need lots of {hug&kiss} on your sad loss
Sandy xxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Linda S wrote:Trev ourl Rube's is on metacam and as you said loads of tlc.

I understand Metacam is the main medication prescribed, Max was on this but his legs and paws broke out in sores which the vet said was one of the possible side effects so we ceased them as he was struggling to walk. Thankfully, they have settled down now and he is walking properly again.

Linda S wrote:Back to the vet on Monday

Fingers crossed and my thoughts are with you

Trev
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Linda, I am so, so, sorry but have only just seen this post. {hug}
I hope you have lots more lovely moments to enjoy. Take care. {hug}
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Boo went to see Rachel this week when she saw Ruby she said come on in Princess lets see how your doing so she tootled in her tale waving like a fan :-D
She asked if Ruby would let her have a feel to see how atached the growth was, i said straight away that she woulnt bite her
I probably shouldnt have said that but when people see her they all want to pet her and it comes automaticly, so ever so gently she slid her fIngers down the side of her mouth and she never yelped or groweld, Ruby that is not the vet andI i can tell you we were so proud of our girl. {hug} .
It has grown and Rachel gave her some more metacam and also a mouth wash to help keep infection at bay we could see that she was upset at what she found.
Boo then rolled over on her back for a tummy tickle with Rachel of course provided, laughingly calling her a spoilt princess and saying she was worth as many tickles as she wanted.
She has called Boo princess from the start and like everyone who meets her she fell good and hard in love with her.
We are making sure that things are cut small for her so she dosent catch it if possibless and she is still playing footie with her best mate and generally enjoying her life. But it seems it could be sooner rather than later that she leaves us but until then she is dishing out her love as much to us as we are to her {hug}
This next bit is going to sound unbelievable ,Bella was taken to the vet on Friday we had noticed a small lump on her dew claw she has been given anti bs and given the benifit of the doubt in case it is an infection . She goes back next week to see if it has gone down if not the vet says it could be a tumour and will have he toe removed.
It dosent rain but it pours this could be the thired time we have been here, Zac one of my other rotties had a toe removed but it went to his lungs so I lost my best bud.. We were so in tune with each other and missed each other when we were apart ,the only trouble was that when I left the house he would wait by the door crying often until I came back and did so for all his 11yrs we couldn't get him out of it
Anyway I will keep you updated it's still sureal that we may be facing an uncertain future again.
Last edited by Linda S on 30 Jul 2017, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Boo went to see Rachel this week when see saw Ruby she said come on in Princess lets see how your doing so she tootled in her tale waving like a fan :-D
She asked if Ruby would let her have a feel to see how atached the growth was, i said straight away that she woulnt bite her
I probably shouldnt have said that but when people see her they all want to pet her and it comes automaticly, so ever so gently she slid her fIngers down the side of her mouth and she never yelped or groweld, Ruby that is not the vet andI i can tell you we were so proud of our girl. {hug} .
It has grown and Rachel gave her some more metacam and also a mouth wash to help keep infection at bay we could see that she was upset at what she found.
Boo then rolled over on her back for a tummy tickle with Rachel of course provided, laughingly calling her a spoilt princess and saying she was worth as many tickles as she wanted.
She has called Boo princess from the start and like everyone who meets her she fell good and hard in love with her.
We are making sure that things are cut small for her so she dosent catch it if possible and she is still playing footie with her best mate and generally enjoying her life. But it seems it could be sooner rather than later that she leaves us but until then she is dishing out her love as much to us as we are to her {hug}
This next bit is going to sound unbelievable ,Bella was taken to the vet on Friday we had noticed a small lump on her dew claw she has been given anti bs and given the benifit of the doubt in case it is an infection . She goes back next week to see if it has gone down if not the vet says it could be a tumour and will have he toe removed.
It dosent rain but it pours this could be the thired time we have been here, Zac one of my other rotties had a toe removed but it went to his lungs so I lost my best bud.. We were so in tune with each other and missed each other when we were apart ,the only trouble was that when I left the house he would wait by the door crying often until I came back and did so for all his 11yrs we couldn't get him out of it
Anyway I will keep you updated it's still sureal that we may be facing an uncertain future again.
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Linda I am so so sorry I completely misread your first post.
I cannot believe how much is going on with you at the moment so please accept my sincere apologies and the very best of good luck and lots of {hug} as you need it
Sandy
xxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/