Max - Our rescued Street Dog

Dogs, Cats, Fish, Parrots, Horses, ALL Domestic Pets
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: Max - Our rescued Street Dog

Post by Linda S »

Hi Trev so glad Max is coping well and still surveying his domain in between 40winks )like(
He sounds like he enjoys his breakfast and his treats, we are the same with Ruby with goodies I figure she deserves it :-D
I know this is not going to help much but one thing you can always look at is the fact that Max has a wonderful life with you both and he as had the best treatment you can get for him.
It doesn't bear thinking about how he would be suffering if you hadn't had the good fortune to meet each other and he was still on the streets, someone was certainly watching over him that day
Love and Healing thoughts to you all and take care.
Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Trev I hope Max is holding his own I would imagine you and your wife are feeling like us at the moment {hug}
I know the members on here are smashing and genuinely care about how each of us are feeling and how our pets are.
Love and Healing thoughts to you all and take care {hug}
Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Linda S wrote:Hi Trev I hope Max is holding his own Lindaxx

On the weight loss curve again at present and he has lost all the lustre to his coat, we have just put him on a turmeric paste that we make as one vet recommended trying it, seems turmeric contains Curcumin which has cancer fighting properties, might just be an "old fashioned quacks" remedy but Max enjoys it as a treat licking it off the spoon at a rapid rate of knots so nothing to lose in giving it a go. Clutching at straws probably.........
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Glad to hear he is holding his own.
I started taking Turmeric some weeks ago and have noticed the pain I had has got slightly better and that is arthritis. It also has black pepper in which is meant to make it work better/quicker.
I have capsules and the advice is to take with food, did the vet mention anything about this to you?
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Gwenoakes wrote:Glad to hear he is holding his own.
I started taking Turmeric some weeks ago and have noticed the pain I had has got slightly better and that is arthritis. It also has black pepper in which is meant to make it work better/quicker.
I have capsules and the advice is to take with food, did the vet mention anything about this to you?

Yes, she did, so we give it as a treat before his meal and the recipe we follow also has black pepper in it but I never knew why, so thanks as I have learnt something there. No mention of the capsules that are available though so I will raise this with her.

Glad to hear turmeric is helping you, )t' reading up on turmeric, it is meant to help with several ailments, amazing what natural herbs/spices can help with, something often overlooked in these days of "modern" medicine.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Trev we are feedng turmeric to our 3 horses, they also have linseed meal, the turmeric we get is in a tub and dosent need to be mixed with anything it's all done.
The linseed meal comes in a 20 kilo sack and it's what is left when the oil is taken out and is still over 40% oil.
Our 2 boys are 22 yrs and 20yrs old and have arthritis and we have noticed that they are better when taking both, it smells like a lovely curry meal they have and they polish it off happily. . :-D .
The linseed has several good proppentries it's good for joints and also skin and coat condition and also our mare was very underweight when we got her and it has helped her along with good food and dental care to gain weight safely she's an ex brood mare and made the charity pictures of horses to look positively healthy,
Sorry Trevor have waffled as usual anyhow , Love and Healing thoughts to you all
Lindaxx
Forgot to say boys are on bute also when needed )t'
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Trev is there any change in Maxs condition I hope he is still managing well {hug}
It's awful looking at our Boo looking so well but knowing that she is far from it but she is still enjoiying life and I hope Max is too
Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

How is Max doing, Trevor?