Princess Diana

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
p.penn

Princess Diana

Post by p.penn »

Did any of you watch the to programme this week with the two princes remembering their mother? I couldn't get over what lovely young men they have turned out to be. A very moving programme, showing them as down to earth, caring and really so far removed from the 'stuffy Royal Family ' image. Modern princes for a modern world I thought. How sad that Princess Di isn't here to see.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Princess Diana

Post by Gwenoakes »

We watched it and I have to admit it brought a tear to my eye.
Diana did a wonderful job with the boys in such a short space of time, what a legacy she has left.
wendy

Post by wendy »

)t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

Yes we watched it & yes it brought a tear or two to my eyes. I think after their Mother died the Royal family struggled for a good while but they have done a lot to bring the respect back. I personally think that when the Queen passes away Charles should hand the batton to William & Kate as they are much more in touch with the modern world. Diana would be so proud of them now as she so obviously was when she was alive. A lovely lady taken far too soon.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Yes, I watched it too - very moving. She had such an impact on so many ordinary people
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I personally think that when the Queen passes away Charles should hand the batton to William & Kate as they are much more in touch with the modern world.

Agree wholeheartedly with the above comment.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I haven't seen the programme but have been reading about it in the media. I wish they would drop it now, no point in dragging it all up again. Move forward, and stop picking the Royal Family to pieces. I feel sorry for the boys being exploited in this way. They are surrounded by so called advisers, let them make their own decisions on how much of their personal live they want to reveal. Yes, they were born into it and have a role to play, but we should all remember that they went through a horrible experience.

I think it would be good to draw a line under the past, and move on to a more modern Royal Family, and that means skipping a generation and giving William and Kate, and their children centre stage.

Ilona
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Meanqueen wrote:I think it would be good to draw a line under the past, and move on to a more modern Royal Family, and that means skipping a generation and giving William and Kate, and their children centre stage.

Ilona

I would move into a more modern age and be a republican, scrap all titles .......... then I look at America.... and the celebrity culture of papers like the Sun. Seems that folk want some lives to be more valued than others, some deaths to be more mourned.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire